Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Pilau rice

"Hmmm I know just what this rice needs, a splash of horse urine and a bottle of perfume thrown in"

This must be like how coriander tastes soapy to some people as that's not how pilau is to me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Pilau rice

"Hmmm I know just what this rice needs, a splash of horse urine and a bottle of perfume thrown in"

Its horrible. I'd rather have boiled, fried, or even egg fried with an Indian curry, instead of pilau... or even worse, mushroom pilau. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Let them all play Daley Thompson's Decathlon on the ZX Spectrum.  The game of champions of a certain age.

Destroyed plenty joysticks playing that

Edited by stuart_75
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Let them all play Daley Thompson's Decathlon on the ZX Spectrum.  The game of champions of a certain age.

The High jump bug where you could jump underneath the bar and the game thought you had cleared it  ..my mate and i spent hours trying to see if we could get the bar to go off the screen  ..you couldn't it crashed the game 

the 100m where you could stop by the finish line wait for the clock to go back to zero and cross the line

and the long jump bug where you jumped 3/4's  down the running track and the game  recorded a distance of 195m

yeah  , i loved that game  :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Couldn’t all the countries just have their athletes do their thing in their own countries, then phone in all the times and distances and weights.

A bit like the second half of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Then we wouldn’t have to invest in so many cutting edge drugs and North Korea could smash a whole bunch of records.

Go-Pro VR Olympics.

I hated button bashers with a passion. I was just never capable of being rapid on them. I dont know if it was the genetic make up of my thumb but I was useless.

There was nothing I could master or work on or practice. I just never had it in me.

My mate was a demon on them. 

It ruined a good 2 years of my childhood.

• Like 1

Could do with some advice, as I’m pissed off.. 

Back in January, a massive dumper vehicle passed through my village, narrow road, and cars have to park on the side of the road in some parts of it - on street parking. It tried to fit through a gap that it was never getting through, and it caused £4500 worth of damage to my car. 

Now, the thing is, the vehicle was working for a sub contractor on part of the HS2 project. The guy apologised etc and his boss sent some flowers to my wife, who’s car it is, by way of an apology, which was all fine. The car is fixed now and assume the costs were all recovered from them. 

Anyway, my gripe is, I want to know what risk assessment was done when planning a route for this passing traffic to determine that the street the incident happened on was suitable for heavy plant vehicles to pass through. 

I made a complaint to HS2 and they passed it onto another company who deals with all this stuff. After 6 weeks of waiting on a response, they basically send me a summary of what happened, and that they have taken measure so that it doesn’t happen again... 

well, that’s great. But what about before?? 

Have I got grounds for compo here, or do I just need to leave it alone? 

I’m really bloody annoyed. 

Ask them who the Principal Designer was as you’d like to understand what risk assessment was done for the vehicle route and whether that has now been updated.

If its been updated, the original one was wrong. If it hasn’t been updated, it could happen again. If there wasn’t one, its clear now that there should have been.

Might not come to anything but it might get you some background info and keep the communication going whilst you work out any next move.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ask them who the Principal Designer was as you’d like to understand what risk assessment was done for the vehicle route and whether that has now been updated.

If its been updated, the original one was wrong. If it hasn’t been updated, it could happen again. If there wasn’t one, its clear now that there should have been.

Might not come to anything but it might get you some background info and keep the communication going whilst you work out any next move.

Should I say about potentially needing to seek ‘additional advice’

The subcontractor will do a RAMS for the main contractor 

That's where your gripe lies, hs2 whoever that is would have just angrily passed your complaint on to the main contractor 

Assuming that the dumper is merely muck shifting so won't involve the principle designer unless the works were stated in the pre construction phase safety plan, again that's a document done by the main contractor, you could ask to see the subbies RAMS and / or that document but good luck with that, you'd probably just get several letters trying to assure you the documents have been amended and politely telling you those documents aren't for public eyes 

And compensation for what? The subbie should be using a road legal dumper so in effect its a car insurance claim nothing more 

In reality what's probably happened is all the documents are exactly as they should be but they had a bad driver or seeing as it's hs2 the quote was based on a certain size of dumper based on a standard assumption for a road opening which they now can't do which has resulted in a variation to use smaller dumpers and charge the time and cost back to the government... 

Â