Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

47 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The traffic around the NEC/Stonebridge/A452 is shit on a daily basis, but now we've got the Crufts **** it's beyond a nightmare.

One of the dogs will sneeze eventually and it'll clear like the red sea.

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When someone has a second child and it's accompanied with 'blah blah has become a father for the second time'.

No, they were already a father, they didn't stop being a father.  They haven't become a father again they've just had another child.

Did you check they haven't killed their first one?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

was looking forward to having me time in the house this evening, but partner has let me know her friend has had to reschedule their social night. Goddammit. 

"Sorry Love, I've arranged to go out now, only because you were but I can't let X down now can I?"

Free Pass!

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

When someone has a second child and it's accompanied with 'blah blah has become a father for the second time'.

No, they were already a father, they didn't stop being a father.  They haven't become a father again they've just had another child.

Fair play, that is a niche complaint. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

"Sorry Love, I've arranged to go out now, only because you were but I can't let X down now can I?"

Free Pass!

Yeah, but I want to stay in 😁 will use it as an excuse to get a takeaway instead. "I wasn't planning on cooking tonight and the shops are probably shut now anyway "

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yeah, but I want to stay in 😁 will use it as an excuse to get a takeaway instead. "I wasn't planning on cooking tonight and the shops are probably shut now anyway "

Just say your plan was to have a pot noodle and a wank. Don't deviate from your plans. 

• Haha 2

Probably me being a miserable old word removed but people turning up at the airport the day after Flybe went bust the night before. Don't people check the news on their phones/radio/TV or check their flight status before setting out to the airport? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

was looking forward to having me time in the house this evening, but partner has let me know her friend has had to reschedule their social night. Goddammit. 

I had exactly the same on Wednesday. Had to act happy that I had the night with her too!

On 05/03/2020 at 20:26, Stevo985 said:

I'd be disappointed if I didn't get 5 in 5 seconds.

I've never even been to Europe and I reckon I could reel off a fair few even under pressure....

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Probably me being a miserable old word removed but people turning up at the airport the day after Flybe went bust the night before. Don't people check the news on their phones/radio/TV or check their flight status before setting out to the airport? 

Going to the airport is a day out for some remember.  "Yep, look Jeff it really is cancelled.  Tut."

Like a small heath going for a job interview dressed as a Peaky Bender knowing deep down it will end up as always with disappointment and humiliation in equally high levels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

You'd have to live in a bubble not to know but I can tell you they've sent through no notification of the flights being cancelled 

Similarly with Thomas Cook. I had no notification from them or anyone associated with them that they had gone bust. 

Once it's announced, I imagine the people who could send such notifications no longer have a job and aren't permitted to login and send out notifications to customers, even if they wanted to do it when they know they're not being paid.

It was on the front page of pretty much every paper and the top headline on tv/radio though. There's no helping some people.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Similarly with Thomas Cook. I had no notification from them or anyone associated with them that they had gone bust. 

Firstly it was all over the news, and secondly the people who would do the announcements didn’t have a job any more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Firstly it was all over the news, and secondly the people who would do the announcements didn’t have a job any more.

I know. I am just saying it was the same with TC. 

Obviously no one is there to administer it all

But if you were a cautious worrier by nature I can see you wanting to go to the airport to be told officially that its not happening 

Or you can go down and have a moan at the brum airport staff about it, those are the people that would piss me off

Â