Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

That's not the point. That's like saying if someone starts throwing water balloons in the street it's your job to react and avoid them and not question why they are throwing them around

There is no reason to keep touching (I don't mean braking) the pedal for a split second on an open, traffic free motorway.

You seem to be forgetting, the Facebook/Instagram/twitter post is far more important than paying attention to the road! I see it every morning between jnc 4-5.

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

The bloke on the Absolute radio phone in competition today. He had to name 5 European capital cities in 30 seconds to win a prize. He got 2. Yes, thats right...2! 

"Errrrr... Paris.... ermmmm.....errrr......oooooh..... ermmmmm..... London......ahhhhhh......ooooohhhh.....ermmmmm..... dunno anymore mate"

FFS

These people are allowed to vote, breed and operate machinery. 

Are people really that thick?. I'd have said 15 was a conservative guess, maybe knock it down to 12 for having nerves and being on the spot. Two though!

There's a few people I work with that find it funny that they "know nothing" about my general knowledge stuff, it's like a badge of honour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

There's a few people I work with that find it funny that they "know nothing" about my general knowledge stuff, it's like a badge of honour.

My best mate is like that but he decided we should all do a pub quiz tonight.  I'm happy to go for something to do and have a couple of beers but it's weird that they like to prove how dumb they are.  Even worse when it's on the radio, I mean what exactly did that guy think he was going to be able to answer correctly if he is that stupid.

• Like 1

We live in an era of having the internet the click of a button away. A lot of people don't learn things anymore, they just look it up online and never remember it. 

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

We live in an era of having the internet the click of a button away. A lot of people don't learn things anymore, they just look it up online and never remember it. 

Yep, we’re both the smartest and the dumbest we’ve ever been 

I do a fair bit of motorway driving.

I’ll put the car on cruise and then count the number of times the cars around me overtake, then slow down, then overtake, then slow down.

There’s a good proportion of drivers out there that don’t appear to be able to drive at a constant speed, they just drive with the foot on the accelerator until they get to a point where they need to slow down, then slow down to a point they then need to speed up.

I’m slowly coming to the conclusion that some people are absolute **** morons.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Xela said:

The bloke on the Absolute radio phone in competition today. He had to name 5 European capital cities in 30 seconds to win a prize. He got 2. Yes, thats right...2! 

"Errrrr... Paris.... ermmmm.....errrr......oooooh..... ermmmmm..... London......ahhhhhh......ooooohhhh.....ermmmmm..... dunno anymore mate"

FFS

These people are allowed to vote, breed and operate machinery. 

Are people really that thick?. I'd have said 15 was a conservative guess, maybe knock it down to 12 for having nerves and being on the spot. Two though!

I'd be disappointed if I didn't get 5 in 5 seconds.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ll put the car on cruise and then count the number of times the cars around me overtake, then slow down, then overtake, then slow down.

There’s a good proportion of drivers out there that don’t appear to be able to drive at a constant speed, they just drive with the foot on the accelerator until they get to a point where they need to slow down, then slow down to a point they then need to speed up.

Yeah this really annoys me and baffles me in equal measure. 

Especially on an empty motorway. Cruising on the inside lane. Someone overtakes you, gets 200 yards in front, slows down, you have to pull out to overtake them and then a minute later they're past you again. 

What are you doing?!

• Like 2

Now and again we go away in the UK with the in-laws and the MIL insists we go in convoy following them. The father in law is a bloody nightmare for this inconsistent speed. He’ll steadily go 70/75/80/85 then progressively slow down 85/80/75/70/65 and I’m screaming WTF are you doing??? 
I insist on meeting them there now.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I hardly ever get to use cruise control because of this. Very annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd be disappointed if I didn't get 5 in 5 seconds.

I'd be disappointed if I couldn't do 5 Eastern European smart arse ones in 30 seconds

Capital cities used to be my old "you bet" thing when I was about 10, could name about 80 odd of them

Now I try and do the sporcle one and my memory and lack of pisses me off

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this really annoys me and baffles me in equal measure. 

Especially on an empty motorway. Cruising on the inside lane. Someone overtakes you, gets 200 yards in front, slows down, you have to pull out to overtake them and then a minute later they're past you again. 

What are you doing?!

Infuriating.

Usually content at 70 on the M25 and perhaps a little faster than that on other motorways if the conditions allow?

A spell putting up with the situation you've described above, and I'm doing a ton for 20 minutes to **** em off.

Then your passenger pipes up that they want to go to the toilet.

Half an hour later you're catching the same variable speed idiot again.

When someone has a second child and it's accompanied with 'blah blah has become a father for the second time'.

No, they were already a father, they didn't stop being a father.  They haven't become a father again they've just had another child.

• Like 1

The traffic around the NEC/Stonebridge/A452 is shit on a daily basis, but now we've got the Crufts **** it's beyond a nightmare.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

When someone has a second child and it's accompanied with 'blah blah has become a father for the second time'.

No, they were already a father, they didn't stop being a father.  They haven't become a father again they've just had another child.

You, sir, are definitely in the right thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â