Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Regarding the absolutely gash singing and dancing shows it really pisses me off that they keep trying to force more of this shit down our throats all of the time. 

What gets me is that they can't make a programme about anything - singing, dancing, cooking, painting, whatever - without making it into some sort of contrived competition. 

Edited by mjmooney

40 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What gets me is that they can't make a programme about anything - singing, dancing, cooking, painting, whatever - without making it into some sort of contrived competition. 

I'm sure I saw an advert for celebrity pottery wheel making. Or did I dream it???

4 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I'm sure I saw an advert for celebrity pottery wheel making. Or did I dream it???

That sounds like a badly formed construct if ever I've heard of one. 

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

As soon as I see someone cry on these programmes I want to smash my foot through the TV.

What's pissed me off today is my cousin for her 40th birthday has booked a gite in France for the month of August and wants her family and friends to turn up and stay for as long as they like.  I've got nothing against my cousin or wider family and I love France but I really don't want to mix the two and waste some of my holiday.  I'm supposed to be going with friends to a mate's chalet in Slovakia and was wondering if we could turn it into a road trip and drive via this sodding gite in France and pop my head in and say happy birthday then **** off.  Not sure if they'd be up for it.

10 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I'm waiting for celebrity smear tests. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Insert joke about watching words removed on TV... 

Have you not watched "Embarrassing Bodies"? 

"I'm so embarrassed by my condition, I couldn't even tell my GP, and I'd be mortified if my friends found out... so I'm going to display my genital warts on national television..." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

You didn't, it came on right after Celebrity Storage Locker Wars

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

What's pissed me off today is my cousin for her 40th birthday has booked a gite in France for the month of August and wants her family and friends to turn up and stay for as long as they like.  I've got nothing against my cousin or wider family and I love France but I really don't want to mix the two and waste some of my holiday.  I'm supposed to be going with friends to a mate's chalet in Slovakia and was wondering if we could turn it into a road trip and drive via this sodding gite in France and pop my head in and say happy birthday then **** off.  Not sure if they'd be up for it.

Gettin' ready to visit my gites in France and chalets in Slovakia and such

rlclassics-oxford_shirt_02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Sod that, go to Slovakia,

I read her intentions as "I'm holding court, come pay homage"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ricky Gervais. I used to love him, but I think he's a giant bore now.

Hosting the global globes; watch him 'tear Hollywood a new one' with his amazingly offensive jokes! 

He'll say some sub-standard, obvious, "offensive" joke about some actor, who then has to smile because they have a camera in their face. But he just doesn't care how offensive he is, which is why he'll tell us this every few minutes. Then he'll explain why what he's saying isn't offensive. But if they are offended he doesn't care and we're reminded again that he doesn't care.

Then on to the next Hollywood star to "destroy". Something about Scorsese being short? Stop being so offensive Gervais!! He just doesn't care!

-_-

• Like 3

Just now, Paddywhack said:

Hosting the global globes; watch him 'tear Hollywood a new one' with his amazingly offensive jokes! 

He'll say some sub-standard, obvious, "offensive" joke about some actor, who then has to smile because they have a camera in their face. But he just doesn't care how offensive he is, which is why he'll tell us this every few minutes. Then he'll explain why what he's saying isn't offensive. But if they are offended he doesn't care and we're reminded again that he doesn't care.

Then on to the next Hollywood star to "destroy". Something about Scorsese being short? Stop being so offensive Gervais!! He just doesn't care!

-_-

I agree to an extent. Tim Allen for me was a low blow. Because Tim Allen isn't hugely relevant now, he was, his work has grossed a **** ton. Anyone placed in the company of Tom Hanks will seem inferior. I feel that Gervais targets people with simple, uncomfortable jokes. I guess that's his schtick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

-_-

I agree, but he did alright with this one -

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My favourite Gervais at the Golden Globes moment is still, whilst introducing the next presenter,

"I like a drink as much as the next man... unless the next man, is Mel Gibson!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I agree, but he did alright with this one -

Meh, 4/10 for funniness though.

Did he follow that joke with his usual 5 minute speech about why that joke isn't offensive, that he doesn't care if people are offended, explain that just because you're offended it doesn't mean you're right, what free speech is and then reiterate that he doesn't care if he's being offensive?

I just wish he'd work on writing funnier jokes, rather than trying to write "offensive" jokes (which half the time aren't that offensive). And just tell the jokes! You don't need to justify each one after each punchline! Grr!

Sorry, I'm still trying to get over how poor his last tour show was.

• Like 1

I love Gervais, but his best work will always be The Office. Extras was great but not amazing, and Derek started well but went a bit downhill.

After Life was a return to form.

Outside of that he's not done a whole lot more I really rate. I enjoy his standup but it's average really as far as standups go. None of his movies are particularly great.

His podcasts and radio show will always be the second best thing he's ever done

• Like 4

Â