Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

49 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeah but the Jobsworth could have Just had a general discussion without entering it in the system. I’d still complain. 

Probably recorded call and receiver could be in trouble for not logging it.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Probably recorded call and receiver could be in trouble for not logging it.

They can log things as "information only", logging a claim when no claim was made it grounds for an official complaint, it's just not on. This is the kind of shit I'd turn in to a right petty bastard about and start emailing the ceo and threatening to talk to ombudsmen :D 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They can log things as "information only", logging a claim when no claim was made it grounds for an official complaint, it's just not on. This is the kind of shit I'd turn in to a right petty bastard about and start emailing the ceo and threatening to talk to ombudsmen :D 

Works every time. 

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Works every time. 

Yup, I'd give the customer service minions one chance to fix it, then go straight to that. If their incompetence is costing me money (and that'll bump up the insurance for what, the next 5 years?), I'd make it clear to them I'm not going away until they resolve it.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’ve heard of this kind of thing before. Technically as she’s told them she reversed into a telegraph pole she’s a bit more of a risk of an accident which they’ll have to pay out for in the future, even if she didn’t make the claim this time.

Which is why you don't tell them about stuff they don't need to know about.  They don't need to be asked twice to use stuff against you.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’ve heard of this kind of thing before. Technically as she’s told them she reversed into a telegraph pole she’s a bit more of a risk of an accident which they’ll have to pay out for in the future, even if she didn’t make the claim this time.

Yeah that's what I assumed. I kind of get it but it's bullshit really. It was the most innocuous "accident" ever. I wouldn't even call it an accident. 

• Like 1

Yes, by notifying that she's had an accident (of any sort) she's basically highlighted that she's now a different risk than she was.

Logging it as a true chain is not really on though. Should just be noted on the file. Either way the risk is going to have changed so ultimately her premium will change next time around because the insurer is aware of a change in the circumstances of what they are insuring. Their calculations will anticipate that someone having a minor accident is therefore x amount more likely to make a claim and so on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

One of our smoke alarms in the house started doing that annoying intermittent chirping during the game last night. Mrs F looks at me with a “that’s your job to change the battery” face. I don’t mind, but I spend the next ten minutes standing on a chair trying to get the damn cover off. I only have to change the batteries every four years or so, but bloody annoying during the game.  

Edit - think it was a deliberate act by Mrs F to turn the game off to be honest. 

You're lucky, every time it has started doing that in my place its been 3am! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Absolutely this.  For me it's more sinister than just being banal or vacuous.  It mostly tries to stifle discussion in an age when we seem to be actively trying to stifle anything we don't agree with.

"Don't @ me" is another one.  "Anyone who disagrees is a nonce".  Added to words like 'mansplain' which has been hijacked* as a way of just shutting a man up if you don't like what they're saying to you.

* not that it was any **** use in its original guise

OK boomer ;)

Another one is the whole "cancel" culture. I don't agree with what you said 5 years ago on twitter so I'm going to ruin your life now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Which is why you don't tell them about stuff they don't need to know about.  They don't need to be asked twice to use stuff against you.

Exactly. They will leap on any opportunity to make some extra £££

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BOF said:

"Don't @ me" is another one.  "Anyone who disagrees is a nonce".  Added to words like 'mansplain' which has been hijacked* as a way of just shutting a man up if you don't like what they're saying to you.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Another one is the whole "cancel" culture. I don't agree with what you said 5 years ago on twitter so I'm going to ruin your life now. 

:suspect:

16 hours ago, Xela said:

OK boomer ;)

Ah the Woke Thought Police, utterly rancid individuals. There's certainly Orwellian mechanics at play in how certain sections of the left are looking to define speech, define what ideas are acceptable and then seeking to punish those who do not adhere. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I just managed to embarrass myself…

A little side project at work I’ve been exchanging some emails and phone calls with a lady from purchasing. I’d not met her in person but had an idea who she was. An absolute stunning worldie, always wears super tight fitting dresses showing off her incredible body. She sets up a meeting for today and books a room downstairs. Me and a colleague heading down to the meeting when I notice this lady right behind us, obviously heading to the meeting. End of the corridor I open the door and say to her “Oh hi, how you doing?” She says, I’m great thank you. She then turned a different direction. It wasn’t her at all.

At least you've broken the ice. Instant conversation starter next time you see her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A little side project at work I’ve been exchanging some emails and phone calls with a lady from purchasing. I’d not met her in person but had an idea who she was. An absolute stunning worldie, always wears super tight fitting dresses showing off her incredible body. She sets up a meeting for today and books a room downstairs. Me and a colleague heading down to the meeting when I notice this lady right behind us, obviously heading to the meeting. End of the corridor I open the door and say to her “Oh hi, how you doing?” She says, I’m great thank you. She then turned a different direction. It wasn’t her at all.

So what was the real lady like from purchasing? Munter?

3 hours ago, Genie said:

maybe it was her but unless you are Joey from friends , your usage  of "how you doing" convinced her not to waste time in a meeting with you

• Haha 1

Â