Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

From years of listening to the Ricky Gervais Show, it really grated me that Stephen Merchant pronounced "cigarette" as "sig-ret".

Not "sig-ah-ret" or "sig-uh-ret" like normal people. Two syllables. "sig-ret"

Pisses me off

I actually remember this too.

Something along the lines of "Oh a cigarette, a cigarette Karl".

Any idea of the context so it doesn't bug me all day?

It wasn't the one where he says riding the tube is the equivalent of smoking 2 fags a day was it?

Edited by AVFCDAN

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife just had a go at me as I bellowed upstairs to her WHAAAAATTTT!!!!!! She called me a deaf word removed. Apparently she was shouting at Popmaster "Sleeper" and not calling out "Peter".  I need to pop my hearing aids in today I think.

spacer.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I actually remember this too.

Something along the lines of "Oh a cigarette, a cigarette Karl".

Any idea of the context so it doesn't bug me all day?

It wasn't the one where he says riding the tube is the equivalent of smoking 2 fags a day was it?

No I don't think it was that, but I don't remember the context.

Possibly the story about Karl's brother going to the shops to buy cigarettes in a tank

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

What a wonderful time of year. Back to work, everyone in the office is as depressed as **** because Christmas is over, the December slow down has finished and work starts to pick up again, and everyone feels like there’s nothing on the immediate horizon that they can look forward to. 

Not me though - I’ve got two weeks off at the start of Feb. Kiss my face. 

🍻✈️🎉☺️😘

Where you off to? BKK or LV?

Being really hungry and wanting to make dinner way earlier than normal. You decide to wait so you can have it to a movie, then grab some chips and wait 2 hours. And when you're supposed to make dinner you're suddenly not hungry anymore. What the actual feck.

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Being really hungry and wanting to make dinner way earlier than normal. You decide to wait so you can have it to a movie, then grab some chips and wait 2 hours. And when you're supposed to make dinner you're suddenly not hungry anymore. What the actual feck.

I think I've solved this riddle.

• Haha 1

On 02/01/2020 at 19:43, sharkyvilla said:

I've got a good mate at work and to put it politely, he is a bit unreconstructed.  He is in trouble for smacking a girl on the arse and I've been actively trying to not get involved, I've hated it when he has done it before and think he should get sacked for it.  It's just a bit of a weird, uncomfortable situation to be in.  I really get on with the girl as well so I'm sort of stuck in the middle.

I once worked with an Italian chap (married father of two children) who crawled along the floor behind a young female colleague, in her early twenties, and blasted one of those keyboard airspray cleaner things up her skirt.

She could stick up for herself, and put him in his place without involving anyone else, for which I (despicable coward) was eternally grateful.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I once worked with an Italian chap (married father of two children) who crawled along the floor behind a young female colleague, in her early twenties, and blasted one of those keyboard airspray cleaner things up her skirt.

She could stick up for herself, and put him in his place without involving anyone else, for which I (despicable coward) was eternally grateful.

What was his place? UTWU?

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The fact that Jeff Buckley - one (admittedly excellent) album is far better known than Tim Buckley - nine astonishingly varied albums. 

Odd isn't it and Jeff Buckley is only really known because of Hallelujah, it's one song really and not even the whole album

The fact that Jeff Buckley - one (admittedly excellent) album is far better known than Tim Buckley - nine astonishingly varied albums. 

I think the one album is better than anything his Dad made (that I've heard). Also, the cover of Len's song and the fact so many other covers of it exist is what brought (belatedly) the fame - was it on some reality show? - Plus being the second one to kill himself. When the album came out and afterward even, he wasn't at all well known. It's been a long, slow climb to "fame" really and for most of the time, probably Tim Buckley was better known, wasn't he?

"Once I was" is one of my favourite songs. I don't know that much about his 10 albums though. 

• Like 1

Â