Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The very same morons who call 999 if their biscuits are out of date, i would imagine....and would be also the village idiots who would launch a firework from their bare arse cheeks, then spend 6 hours wasting valuable A&E staff resources for their self inflicted burns.

Should be drowned at birth or at least neutered as soon as possible. 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Someone put on the local spotted Facebook page the other day that McDonalds was open for part of Christmas Day... major uproar then “how dare McDonald’s do it, dragging people away from their families for a bit of profit”... I think they forgot that every single other restaurant and bar in the town is also open, making a killing from hiked up prices.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Someone put on the local spotted Facebook page the other day that McDonalds was open for part of Christmas Day... major uproar then “how dare McDonald’s do it, dragging people away from their families for a bit of profit”... I think they forgot that every single other restaurant and bar in the town is also open, making a killing from hiked up prices.

I saw a couple of cars in the McD's drive through on Christmas Day. I wasn't sure whether I was more sad for the staff or the customers.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I say it every year, I'd happily ban the **** things. How **** simple do you have to be to be so amused by loud bangs. 

I might find out later... Living abroad I think its done a bit differently, certainly was when I was in Salzburg a few years back, it wasn't back garden horrible cheap light one wait 3 mins light another bangy things, it was seemingly half the city out in the street just setting the things off in a party 

Made for an incredible atmosphere

Get one of those 36 shot multi launch things, middle of the road with everyone walking past, light it, stand back and enjoy... But there's a hundred like minded people doing the same thing and the same time... In the wintery fog and firework smoke and of course drinks in the street

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I saw a couple of cars in the McD's drive through on Christmas Day. I wasn't sure whether I was more sad for the staff or the customers.

Do you feel sorry for the staff in all the other local restaurants? I bet the McDonald’s staff are earning 3 or 4x base pay plus time off in lieu. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do you feel sorry for the staff in all the other local restaurants? I bet the McDonald’s staff are earning 3 or 4x base pay plus time off in lieu. 

Doubtful, they don't pay extra for bank holidays. A couple of my friends who were working in pubs that day also just got their normal hourly rate.

The days of generous Sunday/bank holiday pay is long **** gone for low paid jobs. 

Just found this from last year as well. A few chains do still pay for it but McDonald's don't.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/mcdonalds-criticised-not-paying-uk-staff-extra-christmas-day-181384

McDonald’s has been criticised by pay campaigners for its policy not to give staff more money for working on Christmas Day.

McDonald’s UK does not have a standard hourly wage for staff, with hourly pay ranging between £5.50 and £10 an hour depending on age and experience.

The fast food chain said there is no pay enhancement for employees who work on a bank holiday or Sundays, and that this policy also applies to staff working on Christmas Day. A spokesman said: “Very few of our restaurants are actually open on Christmas Day, and we do not change our rate of pay.”

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Little known law, there is no law that says your employer has to pay you more to work bank Holidays, the law* is that they can't force you to work them, the hourly rate increase is an incentive nothing more, if your employer says work Xmas day and you say no thanks I don't have to they can't force you to

* the law being the working rule agreement, no doubt employers write specific contracts to get round it 

On 30/12/2019 at 15:29, Xela said:

The crowd at the Darts. 

Ally **** pally, overweight men throwing a stick at a wall doing walk ons like **** boxers and the **** nicknames too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Ally **** pally, overweight men throwing a stick at a wall doing walk ons like **** boxers and the **** nicknames too

This. The very concept of watching televised darts baffles me. You may as well watch somebody playing dominos. It's a bloody pub game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the law* is that they can't force you to work them

I don't believe that is the law.

I don't think there is any statutory right to bank holidays off work (though there may be some industry specific legislation - for retail workers, for example - and some industry specific agreements like the working rule agreement).

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Just looked at what’s on TV on the run up to the chime. 
BBC1) Craig David 

BBC2) Jools Holland and a collection of shit singers singing shit songs you’ll never hear again

ITV) Alan Carr doing a repeat of a show that was on yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sat on the plane watching a movie with headphones on . . . and the polisher in the next seat starts leaning in and watching it with me. Who the **** does that I ask?

Its the modern version of someone reading a newspaper over your shoulder on the train/bus! 

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Little known law, there is no law that says your employer has to pay you more to work bank Holidays, the law* is that they can't force you to work them, the hourly rate increase is an incentive nothing more, if your employer says work Xmas day and you say no thanks I don't have to they can't force you to

* the law being the working rule agreement, no doubt employers write specific contracts to get round it 

You can't sign away your rights (at least in England and Wales).

However, as @snowychap says, there is no right to observe public holidays.

I've worked over Xmas and i'm as depressed as **** about work tomorrow!

Its a horrible time of the year... probably when I feel my lowest. 

Booked a few days off at the end of January though, will go away for a few days. 

Â