Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I love Gervais, but his best work will always be The Office. Extras was great but not amazing, and Derek started well but went a bit downhill.

After Life was a return to form.

Outside of that he's not done a whole lot more I really rate. I enjoy his standup but it's average really as far as standups go. None of his movies are particularly great.

His podcasts and radio show will always be the second best thing he's ever done

I agree. For me The Office is sitcom perfection. Everything about it.

Extra's was alright. I've not watch Derek or Afterlife (need to watch Afterlife). The movies are weak.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree. For me The Office is sitcom perfection. Everything about it.

Extra's was alright. I've not watch Derek or Afterlife (need to watch Afterlife). The movies are weak.

Afterlife is great. Genuinely it's very good. But I'd have said the same about Derek after one series. Second series it didn't stand up. Whereas The Office and Extra both just got better

• Like 1

its a bank holiday in Bavaria today because of the 3 wise men, not where I am though, our other office is shut

had some kids knock on my door Saturday asking for money for the church because of it (I didn't give any obviously...) 

new one on me but now I feel disappointed that im missing out

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I love Gervais, but his best work will always be The Office. Extras was great but not amazing, and Derek started well but went a bit downhill.

Outside of that he's not done a whole lot more I really rate. I enjoy his standup but it's average really as far as standups go. None of his movies are particularly great.

Pretty much identical view to you. 

Life's Too Short? Underrated in my opinion. Although he does take a more back seat in that. Warwick Davies is superb. 

Agree about the films - average at best. 

Stand up is ok - I saw him at the NIA once - think it was Science? Meh. Decent in places, a bit preachy in others. 

The Office, XFM shows and the Podcasts are all utter genius though. 

Might be time to listen to all the XFM shows again...

• Like 1

I sometimes listen to classic fm if I'm driving home from a night shift or a late night out, just to chill. I'm not an expert on classical stuff and would refer to JS Bach's air on the g string as the hamlet cigar music.

Anyway, listening to an early morning show i was horrified to hear that it was being presented by aled jones (smug tw@t) and then an evening show of excellent tunes only for the presenter to interrupt by saying that i was listening to the david mellor show 😡

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

its a bank holiday in Bavaria today because of the 3 wise men, not where I am though, our other office is shut

had some kids knock on my door Saturday asking for money for the church because of it (I didn't give any obviously...) 

It’s the same reason ‘we’ traditionally take the Christmas decs down on 12th night. 

20 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I sometimes listen to classic fm if I'm driving home from a night shift or a late night out, just to chill. I'm not an expert on classical stuff and would refer to JS Bach's air on the g string as the hamlet cigar music.

Anyway, listening to an early morning show i was horrified to hear that it was being presented by aled jones (smug tw@t) and then an evening show of excellent tunes only for the presenter to interrupt by saying that i was listening to the david mellor show 😡

Classic FM is shite. Predictable selections (often from the classical charts, so loads of Alfie **** ing Boe and his ilk), ignorant and irritating presenters, and more trailers and adverts (usually aimed at people even older than me) than actual music. Radio 3 FTW. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Which tradition is this? The Bible has a myth about wise men, but it doesn't say how many there are.

13 minutes ago, limpid said:

Which tradition is this? The Bible has a myth about wise men, but it doesn't say how many there are.

Pay attention: There's one... who is actually 3, but anyway, there's one!

14 minutes ago, villakram said:

Pay attention: There's one... who is actually 3, but anyway, there's one!

I was, but Mark and John can't get it straight between them and they were supposed to have known him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I loved the first 2 or 3 seasons of Derek, I don't know if it's a coincedence but when Karl left I thought the show went rapidly downhill from there.

After life I absolutely loved, but that has a lot to do with me relating to Tony quite a bit.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

15 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I loved the first 2 or 3 seasons of Derek, I don't know if it's a coincedence but when Karl left I thought the show went rapidly downhill from there.

After life I absolutely loved, but that has a lot to do with me relating to Tony quite a bit.

I think there was only 3 seasons of Derek and Karl left after season 1? Or first episode of season 2 at the latest. 

On 02/01/2020 at 19:43, sharkyvilla said:

I've got a good mate at work and to put it politely, he is a bit unreconstructed.  He is in trouble for smacking a girl on the arse and I've been actively trying to not get involved, I've hated it when he has done it before and think he should get sacked for it.  It's just a bit of a weird, uncomfortable situation to be in.  I really get on with the girl as well so I'm sort of stuck in the middle.

Well he got sacked which wasn't a surprise.  Apparently he's been saying it was her fault to others round work which is a bit out of order.  I'm not sure I can be arsed with him any more but then you kind of have to stick with your friends through the bad times as well as the good.  But either way, what an absolute bell end.

40 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think there was only 3 seasons of Derek and Karl left after season 1? Or first episode of season 2 at the latest. 

It's a Gervais TV show. There were only 2 seasons and a special.

And yeah Pilkington left after 1 episode of Season 2. Apparently because he was too nervous to play a major role in the second season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Well he got sacked which wasn't a surprise.  Apparently he's been saying it was her fault to others round work which is a bit out of order.  I'm not sure I can be arsed with him any more but then you kind of have to stick with your friends through the bad times as well as the good.  But either way, what an absolute bell end.

Not that you want or need my advice, but if it were me, and he was still feeling sorry for himself and claiming that 'he's the real victim' in about 24 hours from now, I'd ditch the pillock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We used to get the benefit of that at Puma.  The office was in Herzogenaurach which observed all the religious holidays (and bridge days if the holiday was on a Tuesday or Thursday) but we all lived in Nuremberg so everything was open as normal.  Result!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not that you want or need my advice, but if it were me, and he was still feeling sorry for himself and claiming that 'he's the real victim' in about 24 hours from now, I'd ditch the pillock.

If I see him walking round with a zimmer frame I'll definitely know he's a wrong'un.  But seriously I was thinking the same thing as you, I might give him a few days to see if things settle down a bit.

Â