Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 02/12/2019 at 11:17, mjmooney said:

Just as well it doesn't affect me that way, then, as I start each day with a glass of orange juice and two mugs of strong coffee. 

I'm just catching up here :D

If I started the day like that, it wouldn't be safe for me to travel for at least half an hour.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Xela said:

I think there was only 3 seasons of Derek and Karl left after season 1? Or first episode of season 2 at the latest. 

I must have stopped watching late in season 2 then, I saw a few episodes with the new janitor and was pretty there was another season to go...

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If we could get through one week this year without some **** crashing on the M6 that would be terrific.

Drive in a straight line, indicate, move over when it is safe to do so.

It really isn't rocket science

Yep, today is my second day back after the hols.

There's a not very tricky junction en route, all you have to do is be sure the car in front has gone before you accelerate away. Delayed an hour yesterday because someone shunted the car in front. Delayed an hour this morning because someone shunted the car in front.

On 06/01/2020 at 13:21, Stevo985 said:

Golden Globes moment

I thought Sasha Cohen won the night with his Jo Jo rabbit introduction

The hero of this next movie is a naive, misguided child who spreads Nazi propaganda and only has imaginary friends,” ......  “His name is Mark Zuckerberg.”

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If we could get through one week this year without some **** crashing on the M6 that would be terrific.

Drive in a straight line, indicate, move over when it is safe to do so.

It really isn't rocket science

Every effing Wednesday without fail there's a delay on the M42 when I have to ru8sh home, collect kids from after school club and get the boy to football practice. The one day a week I'm super tight on time is always the worst.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Every effing Wednesday without fail there's a delay on the M42 when I have to ru8sh home, collect kids from after school club and get the boy to football practice. The one day a week I'm super tight on time is always the worst.

Thursday's I write off. I make no plans. 

22 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Well he got sacked which wasn't a surprise.  Apparently he's been saying it was her fault to others round work which is a bit out of order.  I'm not sure I can be arsed with him any more but then you kind of have to stick with your friends through the bad times as well as the good.  But either way, what an absolute bell end.

200.gif

Will he need to call ahead from now on then?

• Like 1

Got home from work the other day, leaflet through the door saying McDonalds now delivering to my address. Open my email and there’s a 50% off upto £20 at Uber eats. That’s tea sorted then I thought. Opened the app and it says they don’t deliver to my address. I’d already told the kids we were having McDonalds so I had to go out and get it when I really couldn’t be bothered.

Got a desk. It's clear as I am not a messy clearing in the woods. Woman on desk next to mine decides it's ok to put her shit on to my desk. She is new so I will sound like a complete arsehole if I tell her to move her stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Got a desk. It's clear as I am not a messy clearing in the woods. Woman on desk next to mine decides it's ok to put her shit on to my desk. She is new so I will sound like a complete arsehole if I tell her to move her stuff. 

Perhaps DHUTWU as a warning/initiation ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Until recently, I had a similar situation. Woman next to me kept the messiest desk ever whereas mine is tidy at the end of everyday - I’m either working on something or it goes away. I don’t believe in storing shit on my desk to try and give the image of busy.

Anyway, we had mess creep, she genuinely felt if her desk was messy and mine was clear then it was ‘sensible’ to pile some shit on my desk.

That shit was never found. Probably accidentally ended up in the recycling. That’s my guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Until recently, I had a similar situation. Woman next to me kept the messiest desk ever whereas mine is tidy at the end of everyday - I’m either working on something or it goes away. I don’t believe in storing shit on my desk to try and give the image of busy.

Anyway, we had mess creep, she genuinely felt if her desk was messy and mine was clear then it was ‘sensible’ to pile some shit on my desk.

That shit was never found. Probably accidentally ended up in the recycling. That’s my guess.

The problem is and don't judge me here, the stuff that has crept on to my desk is an iPad and charger I have given her. So I can't take it back and normal same people wouldn't see it as a massive problem. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

The problem is and don't judge me here, the stuff that has crept on to my desk is an iPad and charger I have given her. So I can't take it back and normal same people wouldn't see it as a massive problem. 

Well, plan B, and this is what I did.... we had an office move and I went all prima donna / alpha sulker and insisted I move locations to a new corner where I have a window, no clutter, quiet for phone calls and all that sort of prime office real estate.

They gave it me! The guy that is in a couple of days a week has one of the two prime spots. I couldn’t believe it, but I had spent 6 months with a desk where the ceiling height was exactly the same as my height and I grazed my bald patch on a light fitting. So I guess they felt I deserved it.

• Like 1

car insurance renewal time, the car is sat on my moms drive, been sorned cos im not there, mileage drop down from 20k miles a year to 1k just in case, changed from fully comp to 3rd part fire and theft

gone up by £200

hows that possible? piss taking words removed

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

car insurance renewal time, the car is sat on my moms drive, been sorned cos im not there, mileage drop down from 20k miles a year to 1k just in case, changed from fully comp to 3rd part fire and theft

gone up by £200

hows that possible? piss taking words removed

What did you put down as your address?

Â