Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I will watch any old muck. That was utter bollocks. 

I watched the last 15 minutes and was completely shocked with just how bad it was. 
The big payoff at the end, who was it????? They only reveal one of the acts and it was Bianca from EastEnders 20 years ago.

Edited by Genie

19 hours ago, Genie said:

I watched the last 15 minutes and was completely shocked with just how bad it was. 
The big payoff at the end, who was it????? They only reveal one of the acts and it was Bianca from EastEnders 20 years ago.

I watched a bit of it just for novelty value as everyone had been saying how bad it was.

It is a steaming pile of garbage. Also it would appear to be a very high budget production. But it was absolute shit.

I was laughing at some of their "guesses" (I don't think they were guesses at all, they  were clearly given names to say to keep people interested)

Beckham, Ian McKellan, Angela Lansbury, Kylie Minogue, Charlie XCX

Firstly, no actual singer is going to go on that show unless they are absolutely desperate. And secondly, nobody on it is going to be anywhere near as famous as most of the guesses. 

I was cringing when they were trying to make out that Patsy Palmer was some sort of A List celeb.

• Like 1

Also what's the point of it? Are they judging on how good they are? Or who they can guess?

Is there a winner? What do they win? Is it for charity?

Even if you disregard that singing shows like this are shit anyway, and give them the benefit of the doubt, it doesn't make any sense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was cringing when they were trying to make out that Patsy Palmer was some sort of A List celeb.

Yeah, that bit about her not being able to walk down the street because she’s so famous :lol: 

Now it appears like the people in the suits are D list British celebrities having Mr Chow from the hangover films on the panel is even more bizarre. He wouldn’t know who Patsy Palmer was if she walked up to him and said Hi I’m Patsy Palmer, how is he supposed to guess it’s her in a mask and singing? 
Such a mess. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, that bit about her not being able to walk down the street because she’s so famous :lol: 

Now it appears like the people in the suits are D list British celebrities having Mr Chow from the hangover films on the panel is even more bizarre. He wouldn’t know who Patsy Palmer was if she walked up to him and said Hi I’m Patsy Palmer, how is he supposed to guess it’s her in a mask and singing? 
Such a mess. 

Exactly. As soon as they started making these guesses of uber famous people I was thinking, there is no way anyone on this is going to be anywhere near that famous. They're setting themselves up for a let down. The window lickers who watch this sort of stuff will be expecting David Beckham to take off the mask and it's gonna be Christopher Biggins.

Also all of the "guesses" are coming from the clues. The singing part is pointless.

It's actually made me angry how completely shit the whole thing was :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/01/2020 at 23:53, mjmooney said:

The fact that Jeff Buckley - one (admittedly excellent) album is far better known than Tim Buckley - nine astonishingly varied albums. 

Yeah it's an odd one, but Jeff is amazing. Dying after releasing 1 incredibly good album probably added to his fame really. Had he released loads of albums he likely wouldn't be as well known (or at least as well respected), imo.

Though, Jeff's incomplete "Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk" album is also really good. Would have been a really interesting second album had he finished it. 

Edited by PieFacE

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Also what's the point of it? Are they judging on how good they are? Or who they can guess?

Is there a winner? What do they win? Is it for charity?

Even if you disregard that singing shows like this are shit anyway, and give them the benefit of the doubt, it doesn't make any sense. 

I think ITV had a bigger hit on their hands with Bigheads.  Can't believe it didn't get a second series.

• Haha 1

Live at Sin-E (sp?) is a lovely album. Covers of If You See Her Say Hello, I Shall Be Released, and If You Knew were favourites of mine at university.

That whole style of music (vaguely hippy MOR singer songwriter) seems to have gone out of fashion in a big way? Or is it just me?

I've had to explain to a mutual friend a couple of times that while in general I wouldn't mind giving her a lift if she was somewhere even vaguely in the same direction, I'm not going to drive 50 minutes out of my way to save her half an hour on the bus. And both times she acts like i'm being really selfish. I live 5 minutes away. I'm not driving 10 miles across the city and back to save her less time than it's costing me.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've had to explain to a mutual friend a couple of times that while in general I wouldn't mind giving her a lift if she was somewhere even vaguely in the same direction, I'm not going to drive 50 minutes out of my way to save her half an hour on the bus. And both times she acts like i'm being really selfish. I live 5 minutes away. I'm not driving 10 miles across the city and back to save her less time than it's costing me.

She needs to be put in the former freinds circle on the Venn Diagram

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Or is it just me?

It's just you, the whole singer / songwriter thing is probably bigger than ever. There are many, many artists, too many probably, thats why its hard for anyone to break through

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hustle culture. It's everywhere and I hate it.

Have a hobby you're good at? Turn into income, make it your 'side hustle'. Love your down time? You're a loser, you should be ashamed and out making money or dedicating your time to 'personal growth'. Most of these self-styled morons like to call themselves entrepreneurs because they have, well, some sort of Instagram account and make 'some' ad-revenue from it or get sponsored every now and then to post something with a product in. 

I **** hate these people.  

Can I add anything referred to as a 'hack'. 

Anyone who refers to themselves as an activist on their social media page. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I think the lack of self awareness is the most annoying thing. 95% of people wouldn't ever dream of asking in that situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

All depends on the possibility of DHUTWU?

• Haha 2

On 04/01/2020 at 16:01, bickster said:

Anyone, absolutely anyone that applauds themselves

Why people applaud when the attendance figure is read out leaves me totally bamboozled. Even if it's a shit attendance as well.   Just why? 

Regarding the absolutely gash singing and dancing shows it really pisses me off that they keep trying to force more of this shit down our throats all of the time. 

Why can't they just make an actual TV show. Maybe a comedy, Gavin and Stacey showed there would be huge appetite for a decent comedy but no, we have to have yet another variation on a talent show. 

• Like 2

Â