Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

maybe it was her but unless you are Joey from friends , your usage  of "how you doing" convinced her not to waste time in a meeting with you

And then she sent her 4/10 munter WNB colleague to cover. I think this theory makes a lot of sense.

• Haha 1

On 09/01/2020 at 12:43, Xela said:

OK boomer ;)

Another one is the whole "cancel" culture. I don't agree with what you said 5 years ago on twitter so I'm going to ruin your life now. 

This doesn't read right, surely there's a British word for those boomer types? 

and Tory voting ******* doesn't work in more polite settings.

Christian Benteke... Should be nothing but happy memories but I think I've lost an hour of my life today reading 30 pages of back and forth in the transfer thread and now don't want to go anywhere near it again anytime soon. 

For the love of God please don't reply to this and restart the conversation in here I just want to vent.

7 minutes ago, villakram said:

This doesn't read right, surely there's a British word for those boomer types? 

and Tory voting ******* doesn't work in more polite settings.

Baby Boomers aren't just an American phenomenon

Tory **** works in all my polite circles, my friends and aquaintances are notoriously pinko

No one is talking about the fact that it is 4 years today since David Bowie died.

I'm not one to claim ownership over an artist but the way that everyone was a David Bowie fan 4 years ago was sickening, they posted shit on their instagram and their twitter shit saying how gutted they were because he wrote a song that they knew once upon a time.

I've not mourned a celebrity like I did Bowie, it **** gutted me, I grew up with his music, there were albums I didn't like when I was younger that I couldn't do without today, the man was an absolute genius.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

No one is talking about the fact that it is 4 years today since David Bowie died.

I'm not one to claim ownership over an artist but the way that everyone was a David Bowie fan 4 years ago was sickening, they posted shit on their instagram and their twitter shit saying how gutted they were because he wrote a song that they knew once upon a time.

I've not mourned a celebrity like I did Bowie, it **** gutted me, I grew up with his music, there were albums I didn't like when I was younger that I couldn't do without today, the man was an absolute genius.

Yeah I loved that Heroes tune he did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm kind of ambivalent about Bowie. I like bits from a lot of the early albums but as soon as you get to Scary Monsters, you can forget it

He absorbed a lot of other peoples ideas and he did in turn out some good stuff on the back of that but he never really gave the credit where it was due, he was happy to be viewed as this great inovator which he really wasn't.

So Bowie to me did some good stuff and did some absolute shite. He deserves his place in the history of Rock N Roll but not quite at the level he was elevated to

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am of a similar mind. He has a good greatest hits that could maybe be a single CD. I really like 3 of his songs and think around 10 others are pretty good. 

Same. And frankly, I can live without those 13 songs, too. 

I've always found his persona very creepy. 

• Like 2

- Driving. Took me about 25 mins to get across from one side of Sutton to the other yesterday. Roadworks, temporary traffic lights, every word removed in front turning right, people doing 23 in a 40 zone and other such annoyances. Its a stressful thing driving nowadays, especially around the West Midlands. 

- When I was out I saw a load of teenage lads on mountain bikes riding in the road, doing wheelies and stopping traffic. I'm not a nasty bloke but I hope a lorry mows them down and maims and disfigures them all. Little rocket polishers. 

- The size of modern cars nowadays. They are all huge SUV types. Driven by chunts who can't drive properly. 

- The Representative for Wellingborough in the Merc on the M6 yesterday constantly switching lanes without indicating. I hope you crash and lose a limb and an eyeball. 

Yeah, all motor related today i'm afraid. I'm glad I don't have to drive every day! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

- When I was out I saw a load of teenage lads on mountain bikes riding in the road, doing wheelies and stopping traffic. I'm not a nasty bloke but I hope a lorry mows them down and maims and disfigures them all. Little rocket polishers.

The best "I'm not a [X] but ..." sentence I've ever read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â