Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Severely regretting not booking off tomorrow and Friday

Pre work blues hitting me hard

Yeah. I don't mind my work at all, but I've had such a lovely break that it's going to take a bit of time to get back into the swing of things.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah. I don't mind my work at all, but I've had such a lovely break that it's going to take a bit of time to get back into the swing of things.

Same here, had a great 2 weeks off, it’ll be a really slow couple of days. I wouldn’t want to burn 2 days of my holiday bumming around more.

Yep same. And it would be a waste of holiday really. Because the first day back will be a doss and we have a half day on Fridays which barely count. So I'll be glad I didn't in the end.

But this night before you go back is horrendous

• Like 1

I'm made the decision to WFH again tomorrow instead of going in but will go in Friday instead and go out for a beer and food afterwards with a colleague. Makes it more bearable. 

I've been back two days this week already and I know I have a day of drawing maps ahead of me tomorrow, which I do enjoy but the software I have to use is as clunky as hell and leads to me having to repeat boundaries that just disappear after one wrong move. So tomorrow would be easy enough or it could be shit.

And the boss might be back tomorrow, he's been at home all week and hasn't sent emails for a few days... this can only mean he's been thinking. That just means work

On 30/12/2019 at 18:22, rodders0223 said:

All I wanted to do today was put my headphones in

After the tone of the thread, I thought this was going somewhere else.

What it was a boring work anecdote pissed me off

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was regretting it, but after 2 weeks off I think easing back to it with a 2 day week will be nicer than having to go back to a full week on Monday. 

Yep, exactly my reasoning behind my second post.

Half day tomorrow so it barely counts on a normal week. This week it'll be barely worth turning up

• Like 1

I WFH 3-4 days a week these days. My team and the people I manage are spread across London, Birmingham and Delhi so don't really 'need' to be in. I'm generally only in for stakeholder meetings and even then I tend to do them via video.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Was too knackered to wait all through MOTD last night for the Villa game, so I thought I'd watch it on the iPlayer today. Just checked - not there. clearings in the woods. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Was too knackered to wait all through MOTD last night for the Villa game, so I thought I'd watch it on the iPlayer today. Just checked - not there. clearings in the woods. 

Plenty of links to highlights on Youtube 👍

• Thanks 1

Yeah Sky Sports put all the highlights on YouTube these days. Only 3-4 minutes long but it's usually about as long as we get on MOTD unless we're one of the first couple of matches on.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I WFH 3-4 days a week these days. My team and the people I manage are spread across London, Birmingham and Delhi so don't really 'need' to be in. I'm generally only in for stakeholder meetings and even then I tend to do them via video.

Stakeholder meetings 🤮

One of the most boring things in the world

Â