Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

On the Comic Relief thing, Jennifer Saunders stopped being funny about 25 years ago (and even then it was an acquired taste).

The likes of her and Jo Brand being the face of women comedians is why people think women can't do stand up. They're absolutely shite.

• Like 4

Minor thing, but when football pundits talk about the competitiveness of the championship by naming the ex premier league clubs in it, as if its a surprise that so many are in there, presumably as if the premier league has existed for about 3 years.

Any stupid radio/tv pundit when asked to give their 5 second view on the championship,

"Its a tough league, i mean look who's up there, Norwich; ex premier league, West Brom; ex premier league, Leeds; ex premier league. A lot of big clubs there, a lot of ex premier league teams competing."

Ye, theres been about 45 premier league teams relegated since Leeds were last in the top flight. And what, about 100 since the pl started. Big shock that some of them find themselves in the championship.

4 out of the top 6 League 1 teams are ex premier league. 2 of the teams in the league 1 relegation zone are ex premier league! Thats vaguely more noteworthy.

Winds me up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The likes of her and Jo Brand being the face of women comedians is why people think women can't do stand up. They're absolutely shite.

I like them both. In fact I prefer women comedians in general. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

One way to look at it is that for every female comedian on TV that means Stewart Lee isn’t :)

However ,  I agree  with you regarding both of those , but I suspect what French and saunders and Brand  did do was lead the way for young girls to grow up thinking if they can do it why can’t I ... and there are a few more funny female comedians that don’t have me reaching for the remote now than there were 10 years ago

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

personally i'd throw in shappi whats her face and miranda and andi osho and im sure theres a larger black lady who is really unfunny

and then you sarah millican who isnt unfunny but that voice...nope not having it

sarah pascoe isnt too bad on the various panel shows

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The 80s called they want your knowledge of female comedians back. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

personally i'd throw in shappi whats her face and miranda and andi osho and im sure theres a larger black lady who is really unfunny

and then you sarah millican who isnt unfunny but that voice...nope not having it

sarah pascoe isnt too bad on the various panel shows

You mean shappi I'm from Iran korshandi, the larger lady is gina yashere, haven't seen her on TV for years though

I don't mind Sarah milican or Sarah pascoe, Lucy porter is OK too

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I like them both. In fact I prefer women comedians in general. 

To be honest, you lot have a ton of great comedians, but Brand is pure shite. She has one joke that's weight related and one joke about looks and she rewraps them in 5000 different ways. How any intelligent person can find her funny is beyond me. 

Word removeds who stand in the aisle, and piss about taking their coats off, whilst taking ages gathering all the items they need for a plane/train journey. Sit down and get out of the **** way. 

Anyone who has just themselves as a wallpaper on their phone. Narcissistic clearing in the woods. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Going in my loft.

The hatch is tiny, the ladder creaks and cracks at random intervals and wobbles, and the hatch gives you an excellent view of the front door should you fall, all the way down the stairs. It also smells up there and it's very, very awkward to transition between the ladder and the loft itself.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

To be honest, you lot have a ton of great comedians, but Brand is pure shite. She has one joke that's weight related and one joke about looks and she rewraps them in 5000 different ways. How any intelligent person can find her funny is beyond me. 

I agree with this, and it’s the issue I tend to have with most female comedians. They all seem to have 1 theme that they milk to death.

Brand - being fat

Millican - being a woman

Shappi - being from Iran

• Like 1

I think there's a case for giving people space as comedians.

When Sara Pascoe started out I really didn't think she was very funny at all. Either I've tuned in to her sense of humour, or she's developed and grown in to the roll but I really enjoy her material currently.

It might be a generational thing, but I'm ok with Brand, she's not my fave but I'd watch her all day before I gave Michael Macintyre 10 minutes.

Another controversial one for you, I think Sandi Toksvig can be quite funny. I prefer the newer QI's than the one's with Fry in them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Anyone who has just themselves as a wallpaper on their phone. Narcissistic clearing in the woods. 

Wait, this actually happens?! 

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Another controversial one for you, I think Sandi Toksvig can be quite funny. I prefer the newer QI's than the one's with Fry in them.  

Agreed 100%.

Fry had his moments, but mostly came across as a patronising bellend to anyone who didn't know the thing some people had researched and printed off for him. Can't stand the man.

And from the times I've read him comments on tech matters, it's clear that on some subjects, he knows **** all but acts as though he's an authority on the matter, so it's impossible to trust him on any other topics.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Chindie said:

Going in my loft.

The hatch is tiny, the ladder creaks and cracks at random intervals and wobbles, and the hatch gives you an excellent view of the front door should you fall, all the way down the stairs. It also smells up there and it's very, very awkward to transition between the ladder and the loft itself.

Just use the normal toilet instead, then, FFS!!

• Haha 1

Â