Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Yeah that's unbelievably arrogant.

There used to be a guy at my gym who would do it. I'd go pretty late at night when it was quiet and he'd just walk around with his music playing out of his phone.

I had headphones but took no notice. But he soon stopped when a big chap told him bluntly to "turn that shit off!" and I never saw him do it again :D 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's unbelievably arrogant.

There used to be a guy at my gym who would do it. I'd go pretty late at night when it was quiet and he'd just walk around with his music playing out of his phone.

I had headphones but took no notice. But he soon stopped when a big chap told him bluntly to "turn that shit off!" and I never saw him do it again :D 

I'd love to be a "big guy" who could go around with the confidence to do stuff like that. Using my scale for the good of the general public.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

People who like their own statuses on facebook and random forums

*Also just realised i cannot like my own post on here so that hasn't worked

Forums where people put their name at the bottom of the post, or worst still, the initials of their username.

G.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Forums where you cannot like your own posts, I'm bloody funny and should be able to give myself the laughing emoji

You used to be able to on here IIRC. If I had 4 likes on a post I'd give myself the 5th just to get the little star.

36 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The fact that "people" go to a McDonalds drive through, then drive to Asda's car park, devour the food, and throw all the crap out the window.

These are the types I'd use for flame thrower practice.

yep, i really dont get it, go through the drive through and then sit in your car and eat your food? why? it makes your car stink and you have hardly any space, its what the restaurant is for

and then you throw everything out the window? makes no sense at all

I do the opposite. I go into the 'restaurant', get my food, eat it in the car and then throw the rubbish in the drive-thru window. 

• Haha 3

I go to the drive through and get my food, then park and go inside to eat it.   When I'm done I leave the trash on the table.   The food and trash get to go on a little adventure, leaving the restaurant and then coming back home to die.

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

People who like their own statuses on facebook and random forums

*Also just realised i cannot like my own post on here so that hasn't worked

They do it for a reason and it's possibly not what you think

If you’ve been using Facebook for a while you have probably noticed that many people “Like” their own posts just as soon as they post them.

While this could be viewed as a form of vanity (I mean, really, is it cool to “Like” your own posts?), in most cases it isn’t vanity at work at all.

Facebook has made numerous changes to their user interface of late, and one of the most reviled changes of them all were changes to the news feed and the introduction of the Ticker.

Now, instead of seeing all of your friends’ posts, you only see a selected few (selected by Facebook of course) showing up in your news feed. Under Facebook’s “Edge Rank” system, friends that don’t “Like” and comment on your posts usually stop seeing them altogether before too long.

In order to compensate for not showing your posts in some of your friends’ news feeds, Facebook added the ticker — a box in the right-hand column that lists the activities of your friends as they happen. This is where “Liking” your own posts comes into play.

When you “Like” a post, that action is noted in your friends’ ticker boxes, giving them a chance to at least be made aware that you have posted something even if it doesn’t show up in their news feeds.

So the next time you see one of your friends “Like” their own post, they probably aren’t giving themselves a pat on the back. Instead, they’re giving you an opportunity to check out a post that might never make it into your news feed. I recommend that you “Like” your own posts as well!

https://perihelionwebdesign.com/like-facebook-posts/

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I go to the drive through and get my food, then park and go inside to eat it.   When I'm done I leave the trash on the table.   The food and trash get to go on a little adventure, leaving the restaurant and then coming back home to die.

I go straight through the drive through, park my car in a collection bay, climb through the empty ‘second window’, make the food myself and eat it immediately. I don’t use any paper bags or wrapping, so I empty a bin into the ball pit.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Football grounds where the main TV camera seems about 3 miles from the pitch.  

On a similar point, I hate it when they change the camera angle during play to go to a close up of the player on the ball. You miss what’s going on on the rest of the pitch, like runs other players are making for example. It does my head in.

I wish they’d just leave it on that main camera and save all the close ups and different camera angles for the replays when the balls not in play.

I don’t think I’ve explained that very well, but meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I go straight through the drive through, park my car in a collection bay, climb through the empty ‘second window’, make the food myself and eat it immediately. I don’t use any paper bags or wrapping, so I empty a bin into the ball pit.

Excellent. Could only be bettered if you wanked Ronald McDonald off into a McFlurry container on your way out.

Talking of Ronald, whatever happened to him? He seems to be around in Asia but not in the UK anymore? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â