Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Positive job interview feedback but failed to get the job

Had an interview at tesco, my 4th interview in 3 weeks now so I'm getting more confident in my approach and answers, I thought I nailed it, during the interview the lady was very positive about my answers and insisted my lack of retail experience wasn't an issue

Then I get the call, she said she was incredibly impressed with me but just lost out to someone with experience.

Incredibly frustrating and depressing 

4 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

“Oops the joke didn’t work because I got it all wrong. Hang on, I’ve got an Alf Garnett one and it’ll be just as funny”

Whatever mate, you’ve got this wrong but I can’t be bothered to explain it to you as I’m sure you’re dead set on being upset about it. All the best 👍. Xxxxxx

Edited by Ingram85

7 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

When you tell someone you’ve been to Thailand and you get the tired, old racist and bigoted responses to the effect of...”Huh, huh! Are you sure the women aren’t actually men! Huh huh”

”Did you check for an Adam’s apple! LOL” 

Some people also seem to think every woman who lives there is on the game.

Oh, so all 3M women in Bangkok are prostitutes. Yeah, sure, you **** idiot. 

Get this - I was asked the other day what I was doing for my 40th at a team meeting... and I said me and a few mates might go to Tokyo or a trip around China. One buffoon said "ladyboys huh" and sniggered. Cretin. 

I put him right though... said I prefer my ladyboys to be Thai :ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

See  also: Amsterdam. Consists entirely of cannabis cafes and brothels, apparently. 

Ridiculous isn't it?

Apparently there are windmills as well. I wouldn't know... was a bit of a haze... 

10 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

When you tell someone you’ve been to Thailand and you get the tired, old racist and bigoted responses to the effect of...”Huh, huh! Are you sure the women aren’t actually men! Huh huh”

”Did you check for an Adam’s apple! LOL” 

Some people also seem to think every woman who lives there is on the game.

Oh, so all 3M women in Bangkok are prostitutes. Yeah, sure, you **** idiot. 

I think to a degree people just say things for the sake of saying something , bit like people talk about the weather over here  ... shit he’s been to Thailand , I need to be polite and ask a follow up question but don’t know anything about the place , oh wait it’s got Ladyboys that will do ,and  a lady boy joke is probably seen as a less offensive option  than asking you out right if you are a sex tourist :)

the female equivalent of the lady boy line is they ask each other “did you go to the beach  that was in that film whose name I can’t remember with Leonardo Di Caprio In it “ ... 

thats just the way it is , it’s a sterotype but I don’t think it’s intended as a malicious one tbh

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think to a degree people just say things for the sake of saying something , bit like people talk about the weather over here  ... shit he’s been to Thailand , I need to be polite and ask a follow up question but don’t know anything about the place , oh wait it’s got Ladyboys that will do ,and  a lady boy joke is probably seen as a less offensive option  than asking you out right if you are a sex tourist :)

the female equivalent of the lady boy line is they ask each other “did you go to the beach  that was in that film whose name I can’t remember with Leonardo Di Caprio In it “ ... 

thats just the way it is , it’s a sterotype but I don’t think it’s intended as a malicious one tbh

I dunno. Asking an individual if they’re a sex tourist seems generally less offensive than implying a country’s population of women are mostly men.

But I get your point overall. It’s also generally those people who have barely been out of the town they grew up in that usually don’t understand long haul destinations like Thailand, and seem to think all thirty million annual visitors go for ladyboys and sex tourism.

It’s not: it’s usually just the blokes who do other sad things with their time like post on football forums 🤓

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

You actually said the name of the film you can't remember.

Image result for the beach

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

You actually said the name of the film you can't remember.

Image result for the beach

See post below yours :) 

it was actually shamelessly borrowed from this

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Just ridiculous, nearly twice our mortgage for him to be propped up when he topples over every so often.

And he'll spend half that time having a nap.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

£1191.67 for my 1 year old to go to nursery for a month (working days).

How have we got to that? Just ridiculous, nearly twice our mortgage for him to be propped up when he topples over every so often.

Yeah that's me not having kids then.  No way either of us could quit work.

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

How have we got to that? Just ridiculous, nearly twice our mortgage for him to be propped up when he topples over every so often.

And this is why grandparents do it for free if available. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Mine was £800 a month (when he was in 5 days a week) - have a look around?  Or, if you live in and around London, you might be right!! 

Don't forget, when they get to 3, you get 30 hours free, which helps a lot!

We're lucky that 2 days a week, our boy goes to his nanny's (monday's) and grandma's on Friday's.  

Â