Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Some stupid bint just wrote my **** car off.

Driving along at 30 down a main road. Another car stops at their junction on a side road, on the other side of the road. no traffic in that lane. she stops, looks, doesn't see my bright yellow car with headlights on, and pulls out. Caved in my rear passenger door, and span me off the road in to a bollard, trashing basically every panel. RIP my first car. :( 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 4

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Some stupid bint just wrote my **** car off.

Driving along at 30 down a main road. Another car stops at their junction on a side road, on the other side of the road. no traffic in that lane. she stops, looks, doesn't see my bright yellow car with headlights on, and pulls out. Caved in my rear passenger door, and span me off the road in to a bollard, trashing basically every panel. RIP my first car. :( 

The weeks of physio you'll have to endure for 3 and a half grand compo will be torture

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

The weeks of physio you'll have to endure for 3 and a half grand compo will be torture

Ha, I'm far too honest for that! Already told them there are no injuries.

Bit of a twinge in my back, but I think that's more to do with me being shit at football than the crash!

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bit of a twinge in my back, but I think that's more to do with me being shit at football than the crash!

It can come on a couple of days later! It actually did with me, crash on Friday teatime, back in agony Sunday morning

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I would have stayed motionless in the driving seat until the emergency services arrived.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Classic sign of PTSD. 

In the next month you'll wake up in a cold sweat after terrible nightmares. 

In the next year you'll withdraw from society and become a drifter.  

In the next decade you'll be recruited to do a covert mission for the Highways Agency to look for survivors of RTA. 

Well......that's what your no win no fee lawyer will tell her insurance company. 

It's World Book Day, and once again primary school kids all over the country are dressing up as characters from the worlds of film, TV, music... anything but books. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's World Book Day, and once again primary school kids all over the country are dressing up as characters from the worlds of film, TV, music... anything but books. 

To be fair to the little ones on a day like this morning, most of anything they are dressing up as will be something that has been released in the last 20 years that more than likely started as a book with a film made from it and vice versa.

I can't think of many characters that they would/could dress as nowadays that will only feature in a book that hasn't had a cartoon or a movie made from it.

Fwiw, my wee one went to school today dressed up as Princess Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

I get what you mean though MJ, why not leave world book day as a day you need to bring your favourite book to school only and ditch the dressing up aspect?

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 2

Have worked like a bitch for the past 18 months on one job and won’t have a summer holiday this year due to it.

the missus has been brilliant so i’ve booked up 3 nights away in Bath with no kids travelling today. 

typically, yesterday my back decided to flip out once more so now I have a slipped disc in my lower back....

its been great for around 3-4 months and i’ve been exercising and stretching daily with no issues...

utter garbage timing :( 

• Sad 3

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I purposely told my daughter to go as a book character so she’s gone as Alva, the Viking heroine from Riddle of the Runes by Janina Ramirez, one of her favourites! 

sure, none of the spidermen or batmen will have a clue who she’s dressed as but she knows and loves the book! 

Good for you, that's more like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

my cousins kid had to dress up as a dinosaur, he's 5, its bullshit, pretty much unfair on the parent cos the kid isn't making a dinosaur costume so the parent has to either make one or buy one

if you're a single parent with 2 kids this is just a complete waste of money

Â