Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I hate it when people call me via WhatsApp or Facebook. To the point where I won't answer. Call me via phone and then we can talk.

I'm the exact opposite. I hate talking on the phone. Much prefer WhatApp or Messenger. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I'm the exact opposite. I hate talking on the phone. Much prefer WhatApp or Messenger. 

I'm talking about them calling me through WhatsApp or messenger. 

But, yes, messaging is always preferred. 

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I'm talking about them calling me through WhatsApp or messenger. 

But, yes, messaging is always preferred. 

Oh, I see, using them for voice calls. What difference does it make? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

The quality is always a bit crap. It sounds different and with the amount of free minutes companies throw around why not just use the phone?

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The quality is always a bit crap. It sounds different and with the amount of free minutes companies throw around why not just use the phone?

Yeah, fair enough. I don't do it myself, but I received a few WhatsApp voice calls from mates, but they were short ones, and I can't say I noticed the quality. My three year old granddaughter frequently  video calls me on WhatsApp though! That's the future, right there. 

Always use WhatsApp to call when I'm at home if possible as the phone reception in my flat is terrible (for all networks it would seem. Think we're in a bit of a black spot)

Every so often we have our American cousins come into the business over here.

Why do they all insist on wearing such poorly fitted, baggy suits? Is it style or ignorance. One day I might say something and find myself out of a job.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2019 at 17:10, mjmooney said:

Just watching one of those antiques programmes (I was bored). The presenter is discussing a 1965 set of Rolling Stones autographs, claiming that they are his favourite band. So he explains that "Brian Jones left in 1969, and was replaced by Ronnie Wood". 

Sack him. 

Brian Jones used to play a Vox Phantom guitar, quite unusual at the time. But I expect you all knew that.

• Like 1

Went in Asda this morning, as usual it's full of tracksuit-wearing scum with kids who should be at school.

Now they've taken to peeling the wrappers off the Cadbury creme eggs to see if there's a white one inside, and just leaving them in the display.

Mongs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Every so often we have our American cousins come into the business over here.

Why do they all insist on wearing such poorly fitted, baggy suits? Is it style or ignorance. One day I might say something and find myself out of a job.

It's to do with historical suit making methods. The American suit making industry followed an old fashioned and simpler method of making a suit, which meant they could produce more product faster, with the added benefit of the style being baggy meaning you produce less size variations.

That then meant that the 'image' of a suit became the baggy look for America, and it stuck. It's only in modern times that the world has become smaller and we see other cultures fashion and so it's likely the baggy suit will die out when America realises everyone else thinks their suits look shit.

There's variations across the world in 'cuts' of clothes, interestingly it's even been important in warfare. In the Second World War Allied spies would be given clothes either smuggled out of Europe or specifically designed to look like continental designs, as someone paying attention could spot that a suit for instance was British just by the design of the lapel or how the collar on his shirt was cut.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

its free for international calls which is probably why they do it @AVFC_Hitz (assuming its people not where you are) 

if you're in the same place then year i agree its shit

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Always use WhatsApp to call when I'm at home if possible as the phone reception in my flat is terrible (for all networks it would seem. Think we're in a bit of a black spot)

Does your network not do wifi calls through your wifi? Both 3 and Voda do as I'm in a phone blackspot here but with the wifi thing it isn't a problem

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I despise people calling me. Text me or don't bother!

I think its because I spend so long speaking on the phone at work every day I don't wan to even consider it out of work. 

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Does your network not do wifi calls through your wifi? Both 3 and Voda do as I'm in a phone blackspot here but with the wifi thing it isn't a problem

I think they do but I have to call them to set it up or something (I'm vodafone)

My work phone does that.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I think they do but I have to call them to set it up or something (I'm vodafone)

My work phone does that.

I did mine in the My Vodaphone App but I guess that might not be available to business owners

In TV or Film when they obviously want to set up that someone is unexpectedly good at pool - usually it ends up being a woman, a bit sexistly I suppose, and then they cut to action scenes which sees them potting 3 balls all hovering right over the edge of the pocket being literally unmissable. I mean for **** sake, A blind hedgehog in a bag could pot those balls. Do something challenging, get that actor to **** swerve it round a few balls with a tight angle nick.

clearings in the woods.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â