Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Why do certain tv stations start their programs at irregular times like quarter past and quarter to? Meaning if I want to watch one everything fecking else on the box is 15mins in.

I've buggered my toe.  I got in a strop yesterday so went to kick something, and in the time between swinging my foot and hitting this crate my shoe came off, so I basically smacked my toe at full pelt with no protection bar the sock.  I don't think it's broken though, just heavily bruised.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

You watch live TV?

Is that still a thing for people?

Even when something is on live TV that I want to watch, I still at least wait 15 minutes and watch it then so I can skip the breaks.

More likely I'll just wait until the next day and watch it on catch up

I think sport is the only thing I watch properly live these days

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bickster said:

You watch live TV?

Is that still a thing for people?

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think sport is the only thing I watch properly live these days

I think this the case for the majority of people these days, imo.

With nearly everything being on demand, catch up or box sets these days it makes it far more easier/convenient for people to catch up on television working it around their lifestyles and schedules etc.

5 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've buggered my toe.  I got in a strop yesterday so went to kick something, and in the time between swinging my foot and hitting this crate my shoe came off, so I basically smacked my toe at full pelt with no protection bar the sock.  I don't think it's broken though, just heavily bruised.

I can't imagine being stupid enough to hit out at something when I'm pissed off..

What's it like? :lol:  :P 

Left the house in a rush this morning, late. Got in the car and to the end of the road, and suddenly got a hot, urgent need for a shit. Couldn't turn round, no time. 45 mins of horrid sweating later, finally made it to the office and ran straight for the bogs. By the time I'd reached Trap One, it was so **** painful, I actually couldn't bend over to get on the can. One of the worst feelings in the world. 

18 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I can't imagine being stupid enough to hit out at something when I'm pissed off..

What's it like? :lol:  :P 

In the 90s (that's a decade, ask your dad) I foolishly punched a wall. I broke my hand and it plagues me to this day. I did feel quite the **** idiot. 

Paid referees who are meant to be of a certain standard but aren't.

Filled in for my brothers domestic basketball team last night, as I play in Australia's third tier usually, domestic games are more for a bit of fun than a challenge.

They played zone defense and so I would just launch 3's as they weren't stepping out no matter how many I hit. Think I had over 20 points from 3's alone. Fun times.

However this game did go down to the wire, and thanks to a mistake from the referee and then myself, we could have lost the game.

In the final stages with the score at 41-40, I was fouled in the back-court and should have gone to the free-throw line because of accumulated fouls.

I thought we were down at that stage and having missed 2 or 3 shots all game and 100% from the free-throw I thought "you beauty".

Then this referee, who's been out of position and made some poor calls throughout, tells me it's a side ball. No way Jose!

I tell her to go and ask her colleague because its without doubt free-throws, him and I had just discussed moments ago that next foul was to the line.

She says 'side ball' and me being me I let it go. That was my first mistake.

I take the side ball and throw a bad pass, unforced error, my first all game and probably done out of frustration because I threw the pass too hard and slightly off.

Thankfully we were actually up and the opposition failed to make the most of the turnover. We went the other end and scored another.

I've been a qualified referee before and even entry level standards if followed allow a game to run smoothly and fairly. This chick has been around for years.

Had a job interview today at a builders merchants, perfect job for me given Ive had 17 years as a bricklayer

First stage was a 3 page test which I was totally unprepared for, haven't done a test since I did my GCSEs, I think I did reasonably well but afterwards I realised I totally **** up 4 of the questions that were long addition (i added up the numbers in the column without carrying over the numbers). The rest of the interview went well, got on well with the lady interviewing me but can't help but feel she's gonna look at my test paper and think this bloke is thick as ****

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Paid referees who are meant to be of a certain standard but aren't.

Filled in for my brothers domestic basketball team last night, as I play in Australia's third tier usually, domestic games are more for a bit of fun than a challenge.

They played zone defense and so I would just launch 3's as they weren't stepping out no matter how many I hit. Think I had over 20 points from 3's alone. Fun times.

However this game did go down to the wire, and thanks to a mistake from the referee and then myself, we could have lost the game.

In the final stages with the score at 41-40, I was fouled in the back-court and should have gone to the free-throw line because of accumulated fouls.

I thought we were down at that stage and having missed 2 or 3 shots all game and 100% from the free-throw I thought "you beauty".

Then this referee, who's been out of position and made some poor calls throughout, tells me it's a side ball. No way Jose!

I tell her to go and ask her colleague because its without doubt free-throws, him and I had just discussed moments ago that next foul was to the line.

She says 'side ball' and me being me I let it go. That was my first mistake.

I take the side ball and throw a bad pass, unforced error, my first all game and probably done out of frustration because I threw the pass too hard and slightly off.

Thankfully we were actually up and the opposition failed to make the most of the turnover. We went the other end and scored another.

I've been a qualified referee before and even entry level standards if followed allow a game to run smoothly and fairly. This chick has been around for years.

Not a clue what any of that means. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not a clue what any of that means. 

I was just having a vent/rant.

Basically though, say a football referee called for a free kick in your own half when the call should have been for a penalty kick.

Red nose day at work.

It's that time I dread.

Boring ##$&### who spend most of the year being as miserable as sin suddenly decide to do something "wacky" to raise money. A toss pot wearing pyjamas to work is still a toss pot. 

I am not amused that our accountant is wearing a red nose. He's an accountant. He is there to do boring paperwork and generally obstruct everything we do by refusing funds. Take off the red nose!

You always get one idiot that takes things to far. Finding my car decorated was just annoying and added 15 minutes to my journey home. 

I like a joke. Work is normally a real laugh. I like practical jokes. But don't be a miserable git 364 days of the year and then expect to be considered hilarious when Lenny Henry tells you to. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks
  • Like 4

Â