Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Excellent. Could only be bettered if you wanked Ronald McDonald off into a McFlurry container on your way out.

Talking of Ronald, whatever happened to him? He seems to be around in Asia but not in the UK anymore? 

Maybe people in Asia aren't as determined to subject him to sexual assault. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Excellent. Could only be bettered if you wanked Ronald McDonald off into a McFlurry container on your way out.

Talking of Ronald, whatever happened to him? He seems to be around in Asia but not in the UK anymore? 

yewtree

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

On a similar point, I hate it when they change the camera angle during play to go to a close up of the player on the ball. You miss what’s going on on the rest of the pitch, like runs other players are making for example. It does my head in.

I wish they’d just leave it on that main camera and save all the close ups and different camera angles for the replays when the balls not in play.

I don’t think I’ve explained that very well, but meh.

The worst is a highlights package that uses loss of weird angles of the goals. Usually on something like “Premier League years”

just show me the goal you word removed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe this is just me, but trains that arrive and depart early annoy much more than ones that depart late. 

On the topic of trains I hate it when it says ‘delayed’ and nothing else. 

So do we wait for it or get a different train or bus or something?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

On the topic of trains I hate it when it says ‘delayed’ and nothing else. 

So do we wait for it or get a different train or bus or something?

I hate it when it says Here and I've left my invisibility cloak blockers at home

11 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I didn't think trains could depart early, isn't it not allowed? (In UK anyway)

I'm not sure? They do, though. I was squeezing through the door of the '7:51' at Rowley Regis yesterday, at 7:49:30 by the station's clock. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I hate it when it says Here and I've left my invisibility cloak blockers at home

“The train now arriving at platform 2...”

nothing to to be seen for miles around

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm not sure? They do, though. I was squeezing through the door of the '7:51' at Rowley Regis yesterday, at 7:49:30 by the station's clock. 

It's a yam yam clock, it's a bit slow

• Haha 3

On the inter city trains, don't they close the doors 1 minute before leaving anyway? 

I've left out of London Pad plenty of times where that train is moving absolutely on the b of the bang of 5:15. But the doors had been closed stopping people getting on for several minutes prior to that. You can't rock up at 5:14 and jump on.

They make up for it though, 'cos it's usually running late by the time it gets to Swindon.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Deleting my account was one of the most liberating thing I ever did. 

Im only addicted to whatsapp and Villatalk now. 

Binned FB off 4 years ago (deactivated account) then a month ago finally saw the option to have all my data & profile deleted from FB.

This was the second best thing I've done after getting divorced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

While this could be viewed as a form of vanity (I mean, really, is it cool to “Like” your own posts?), in most cases it isn’t vanity at work at all.

So the next time you see one of your friends “Like” their own post, they probably aren’t giving themselves a pat on the back. Instead, they’re giving you an opportunity to check out a post that might never make it into your news feed. I recommend that you “Like” your own posts as well!

Huh!? Forcing a post into your friend’s newsfeed so that they see it. 

“Look! Look at my photo of me standing next to the Eiffel Tower! LOOK! I bet you’ve never seen the Eiffel Tower before. Now give me a like”

”Here’s the 9,787th photo that I’ve posted of my baby and it’s now in your newsfeed. I bet you’re so interested to see it. Like?”

That seems like vanity to me. Unless I’m missing something!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

“Look! Look at my photo of me standing next to the Eiffel Tower! LOOK! I bet you’ve never seen the Eiffel Tower before. Now give me a like”

”Here’s the 9,787th photo that I’ve posted of my baby and it’s now in your newsfeed. I bet you’re so interested to see it. Like?”

One mans forcing is another mans getting around the stupid algorithm

7 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Don't forget the pushing pose against the leaning tower of Pisa. Force that in people's feeds as no-one has ever seen that before! 

Â