Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, blandy said:

No, I don't think it will. I don't think a person in a "restaurant" wanting an increase in pay hurts the NHS workers at all. It seems to me completely unrealted, other than if they McWorkers get a better deal, then there's further pressure on the Gov't to stop being nasty to NHS folk.

Wouldn't they pay more NI and thus help the NHS worker in the long term ?

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I know from experience that there are people out there that would work for less, if they knew others were on even less. It's weird.

I currently work with one particular cretin, who would happily work for £20k if he thought the others were on £19k. But would go nuts if he was offered £22k and others offered £23k.

there was a tv show like this

the winnings were split evenly between 3 people into big, medium and small pots. And the longer they argued all 3 pots got smaller. So many people walked away with nothing.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

if they do then us NHS staff should get more to reflect the situation

Again, being hyper picky, you should get more, whether or not they also get more. The two things aren't (to me) linked, other than both sets of workers are underpaid. Good result  - NHS workers finally get what they should, great news NHS workers and Maccies get a decent wage for their labour. It's not like there ought to be some kind of interlinking between the two things, other than people should be paid a decent wage and one that reflects their contribution to their employer/the nation.

• Like 1

You can't take a day off school in term time because the education time lost is critical and causes too much disruption etc etc.

However this school is sending its pupils home for having the wrong shade of grey trousers. If its the same as the school my children go to then it re-opened a day late so the teachers could have a training day in term time straight after the 6 weeks paid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-4118126

Pupils were lined up at the gates of a secondary school while their trousers were checked to see if they were the right shade of grey - with some failing the inspection and being sent home.

Kepier School in Houghton-le-Spring has defended the move, which it said was because it valued "consistency".

Parents have been told that only clothes of a particular colour and bought from one supplier are allowed.

About a dozen pupils were sent home, with others barred from classes.

Parent Kim Lister said she witnessed the checks after being alerted by her son.

She said: "I got a phone call within two minutes saying: 'Mam, they're not letting us through the school gates.'

"When I got down there were a load of children actually lined up having their uniform checked.

"I love the uniform but it would be nice if parents could have a choice where to go for the 

uniform."

Head teacher of the Wearside school Nicky Cooper said: "We are very, very particular about the uniform because we need consistency right across the board.

"In doing so some learners were sent home.

"If you have different types of trousers it leads on to different types of shoes, different types of shirts, etc."

Luke Bramhall, from the Children North East charity, said: "Instead of focusing on discipline and punishing students for having the right uniform, what is important is for schools to understand what each individual child and their family is going through and how they can help in difficult circumstances."

The Department of Education said schools had a duty to provide and recommend uniforms that were the best value for money.

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That is infuriating. 'The wrong shade of grey' indeed, do me a favour. 

The other thing the school have done here is probably humiliated some of the pupils whose parents didn't buy their uniform from the approved (no doubt more expensive) supplier.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

The other thing the school have done here is probably humiliated some of the pupils whose parents didn't buy their uniform from the approved (no doubt more expensive) supplier.

Pretty much this, and kids don't need another excuse to pick on poor children..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pretty much this, and kids don't need another excuse to pick on poor children..

I hope the head gets dragged over the coals for this decision. So many things wrong with it. There's upholding high standards... but at what cost?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You can't take a day off school in term time because the education time lost is critical and causes too much disruption etc etc.

However this school is sending its pupils home for having the wrong shade of grey trousers. If its the same as the school my children go to then it re-opened a day late so the teachers could have a training day in term time straight after the 6 weeks paid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-4118126

I'd say every opportunity from this point onwards should be taken by all parents to try and remove Nicky Cooper from her role as head teacher, as she is clearly unfit for purpose.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I'd say every opportunity from this point onwards should be taken by all parents to try and remove Nicky Cooper from her role as head teacher, as she is clearly unfit for purpose.

I'm not one for always demanding heads role (no pun intended) when something goes wrong but this really does show a bit of a lack of understanding what a school is for, and how to handle a minor problem. 

Shes managed to get her school on the front page of the BBC website, MP's being asked to intervene, furious parents and embarrassed pupils. She needs to get a grip fast.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

A lass I know knows a South Korean lass who is coming over to the UK for a weeks at the end of this month.

She wants to go to a football match whilst she's here and she's in the midlands for a few days from 1st October, so the lass I know asked me to look at the Villa fixtures for her.

I said "Ah, we're playing Bolton at home on 30th September". She said "and what about the day after, are they at home on the 1st October?"

It really shouldn't have pissed me, she doesn't like or know about football, but it pissed me off. I had to restrain myself from a "what the...OF COURSE NOT, WHAT ARE YOU ON ABO...HOW COULD THEY PL....WHAT!?"

Have you fully explained about the boob inspection initiation ceremony for newbies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

A lass I know knows a South Korean lass who is coming over to the UK for a weeks at the end of this month.

She wants to go to a football match whilst she's here and she's in the midlands for a few days from 1st October, so the lass I know asked me to look at the Villa fixtures for her.

I said "Ah, we're playing Bolton at home on 30th September". She said "and what about the day after, are they at home on the 1st October?"

It really shouldn't have pissed me off, she doesn't like or know about football, but it pissed me off. I had to restrain myself from saying "what the...OF COURSE NOT, WHAT ARE YOU ON ABO...HOW COULD THEY PL....WHAT!?"

You missed out the funniest part of this anecdote. Go on, tell everyone the South Korean girl's name..

• Haha 1

Â