Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

53 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Latest update - tattoo gitrl FB pic with dogs, and comment #mommy #dogmum #nurse

Cabbages.

Using hashtags on FB is an offence worthy of the birch as well. 

• Like 2

those surveys on various websites they want you to fill out before letting you access the article.  Not talking about i.e. the BBC asking for a little feedback but those utterly random product survey based ones. I mean honestly, I know ad revenue is tough but do they really get sensible answers to that? If i've clicked onto an article about current affairs or a cultural comment piece, it's unlikely that I am best-minded to give you feedback on my attitude towards hammers.

• Like 1

A school recently changed its year 7 dress policy to be gender neutral - i.e the girls wear trousers, shirts and ties- fair enough, whatever. 

Reason being as its helps their 5 or 6 transgendered children and a couple of others who are transitioning. 

Maybe I'm old but I just find that mental. Not old enough to choose your bedtime but old enough to want to 'change' gender. The fact it is indulged by the schools  surprises me. Its a different world now! 

/old git

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

A school recently changed its year 7 dress policy to be gender neutral - i.e the girls wear trousers, shirts and ties- fair enough, whatever. 

Reason being as its helps their 5 or 6 transgendered children and a couple of others who are transitioning. 

Maybe I'm old but I just find that mental. Not old enough to choose your bedtime but old enough to want to 'change' gender. The fact it is indulged by the schools  surprises me. Its a different world now! 

/old git

Unfortunately we are living in a world now where the people who shout the loudest tend to get their own way whether it's for the greater good or not.

I dunno what to think about the whole thing to be honest.  It was never a problem when I was at school.  We had a few openly homosexual kids and they got a bit of stick in the same vein as the fat kids got.  I.e. it would be used as ammo should there be a conflict, but it was never purposefully aimed at.

A small part of me thinks that the issue has become more "popular" as a result of increased coverage, and without that coverage, I doubt half these kids would even know about it, let alone have the issue affect them.

• Like 1

Â