Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Temperature hitting 41C today and 40C tomorrow, and we can't run our air conditioner because the condensate drip pan has developed a leak and is damaging the ceiling.  And my daughter has her first soccer/football game scheduled at mid-day tomorrow.   I'm thankful we're warm and dry and not in Houston and shouldn't be pissed off, but still....It's September.   It shouldn't be this hot!

Those big **** off vaping devices that pump out more steam than The Flying Scotsman going full pelt. 

Every word removed and his dog has got one at my workplace. I'm sure its more of an image thing now. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Those big **** off vaping devices that pump out more steam than The Flying Scotsman going full pelt. 

Every word removed and his dog has got one at my workplace. I'm sure its more of an image thing now. 

They annoy the **** out of me.

There are a few Dutch TV programmes I like to watch,  maybe 2 or 3.  

I have been recording them on the box and I tried to watch one of them yesterday. (it's really good for my Dutch as well)

Now this is possibly the most stupid and desperate move by anyone in the TV industry anywhere.

You can record the shows but not fast forward through the adverts.  So the channel is now unwatchable,  well done.  (The adverts are 10 min + and are basically a lot of English adverts with Dutch put on top so think ITV adverts but a lot lot worse)

Nobody watches the channel / programme at work now either so what is the point of the childish action as it means that they now get less people watching the channel.  I was thinking of watching it and then turn the volume down during the adverts but I am not playing their silly games.  Removed all these channels from the favourites on my box so what did their little pathetic action actually achieve ?

On 01/09/2017 at 22:36, chrisp65 said:

watching the TV news:

Some bloke attempted to rob a watch off a footballer - 6 years

A male nurse in a position of trust sexually abused four patients - 2 years

The male nurse should have got more than that, but me thinks your description of the bloke robbing a watch is intentionally played down to add disparity to the comparisons.  Are you a journalist by trade ? ;) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The dumbasses striking at Mcdonalds wishing pay of £10 an hour. Well,  good luck with that.

I'm with you there. These people wanting to be paid a fair wage really piss me off too. It doesn't stop there either, they want things like set hours and 'benefits'. If Maccy's cave in, imagine how much that 20 stack of Nuggs is gonna cost? They should just employ all the immigrants that don't mind working for a pittance. :trollface:

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BOF said:

The male nurse should have got more than that, but me thinks your description of the bloke robbing a watch is intentionally played down to add disparity to the comparisons.  Are you a journalist by trade ? ;) 

woah, woah, if I was a journalist I'd have gone the full Express route and claimed he got 11 years for trying but failing to nick a watch - he got caught because he was riding his own motorbike with his legit registration plates on it. Not the brightest.

Express

Man jailed for 11 years for trying to steal footballer Andy Carroll's £22,000 watch

:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

TV replays of goals.

It's always a zoomed in, slow motion, low sideline view or behind the goal replay.

They never, ever, ever look as good the normal TV angle played at normal speed, why can't they just show that again?

I hate when you watch something like "Premier League Years" and it's all like

"remember that amazing Liverpool vs Newcastle game when it was 4-3?!
Want to see it again?

Well here it is!

Except we're going to zoom in at funny angles for every goal so you can't tell what the **** is going on, completely ruining it for you.

ENJOY!"

• Like 3

Amsterdam Schipol airport. Lost my bag for the fourth time this year. My travel insurance is getting very tired of buying me a new suit and shirts every two months.. Why do they sell connecting flights with only 40 minutes in between when they can't possibly get the bags from plane a to b?

Meh.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

Â