Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The fact people think you are a bit odd if you don't want to settle down and have kids.

This always annoyed the hell out of me. Now that I am 'settled' and about to become a father I get the.. 'oh so this is the woman who's calmed you down' line from my extended family. 

What does 'settled' actually mean?  I had my own house and lived alone for quite a few years and felt very settled. And as for being calmed down??....I think I used to feel calmer before tbh :D

I don't mind people NOT having kids, it's a pretty much AS big a decision it is to have kids.

There's never a right time either.  I had mine at 27, and whilst it's been great and I wouldn't change it - I do cast envious eyes at those who are travelling etc occasionally. 

• Like 1

yeah, I've seen plenty of friends have them mid 20s and thought "you absolute maniacs". Now at 32 a couple of my close friends have had babies this year, and I'm becoming rather envious. Whilst it's awesome playing the role of 'uncle' and laughing with them, I'm edging towards planning for them in my head. Though the mrs is 28 and still thinks there's plenty of time before we think of that.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Boom, teenagers, kid now grown up. I love my life.

Yep, a few more years and I can take the missus traveling before we turn 50, LOADS more money than I had in my 20s. Win I say.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Yep, a few more years and I can take the missus traveling before we turn 50, LOADS more money than I had in my 20s. Win I say.

Yep but you'll be there with some 50 year old woman instead of three Swedish teenage girls on a gap year.

Edited by choffer
  • Like 3

The Nottingham, Stoke and Derby accents.  

Oh, and people who lay Black Country, Brummie, Scouse and Manc accents on too thickly.

Oh and cockney accents.  And Sun'erlan accents. And Sheffield, Leeds and urban Yorkshire accents.  Oh and posh accents from London. 

Geordies are alright, farmer boys are okay too. 

Not bothered about soft Brummie accents. 

Edited by lapal_fan

As we've been on the subject I got a phone call today, or should I say I got a photo first. My wife has fell pregnant again. Me and my two work mates were only on about it this morning how none of us wanted anymore. It's came as a nasty shock and we are both annoyed with ourselves. Obviously weren't being careful enough. Yet again it's happened whilst my wife is in the process of getting sterilised. I don't think there is much to think about really as we just can't have anymore, or shall I say I don't think we can.

24 minutes ago, snowychap said:

All this Diana 20th anniversary crap. It was an annoying load of bollocks when it happened but all of this nonsense two decades later is dreadful.

It's made me revisit this though :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As we've been on the subject I got a phone call today, or should I say I got a photo first. My wife has fell pregnant again. Me and my two work mates were only on about it this morning how none of us wanted anymore. It's came as a nasty shock and we are both annoyed with ourselves. Obviously weren't being careful enough. Yet again it's happened whilst my wife is in the process of getting sterilised. I don't think there is much to think about really as we just can't have anymore, or shall I say I don't think we can.

My Mrs has barely let me near her since giving birth, in part because of recovering from C section but also down to women being extremely fertile after giving birth. 

Unfortunately, I think I read a post about how much you have started cumming and mentioned about pulling out. Probably not the best form of contraception.

I guess your both thinking the same this time with regards to what your going to do this time though?

My Mrs went on the pill last week so, as 7 days will have passed, this weekend will be a good one for me.

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Blimey mate. Wish i knew what to say. I can imagine the feeling all too well. 

Reckon you'll both be on the same page moving forward?

14 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Blimey mate. Wish i knew what to say. I can imagine the feeling all too well. 

Reckon you'll both be on the same page moving forward?

Yes I think we will this time. It will be heartbreaking to go through with it, but I see no other option. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

My Mrs has barely let me near her since giving birth, in part because of recovering from C section but also down to women being extremely fertile after giving birth. 

Unfortunately, I think I read a post about how much you have started cumming and mentioned about pulling out. Probably not the best form of contraception.

I guess your both thinking the same this time with regards to what your going to do this time though?

My Mrs went on the pill last week so, as 7 days will have passed, this weekend will be a good one for me.

Yeah we've both been stupid and irresponsible. We briefly spoke earlier but we shall talk more later. Might have to go private though as the waiting time on the NHS will do the situation no good at all. Feel a bit ashamed about it if I'm honest. Sick to the stomach.

My boss had a heart attack or a precursor to one at work yesterday.

Wouldn't mind him being off work for a while if he wasn't responsible for my end of probation appraisal.

Also on a sidenote, The Mrs changing her mind the other night was only a wobble, we're now back on the same page.

Â