Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

This page has reminded me of him again...

Noel Fielding. 

Smug shit-eating grinned arrogant spunk-trumpeting chunt. 

If he was as half as funny as he assumes he is, he'd be a riot. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JB said:

Work/life balance in modern society being totally ****. I've just had to leave my daughter at 7:25 on the morning of her 5th birthday because I have to be in work for 8am sharp. It's meant that I've been able to spend about 15-20 minutes with her and the whole morning has been a mad rush. I guess it really shouldn't piss me off for various reasons but the fact that work frequently takes precedence over moments that you'll never get back is a sad reflection of society IMO.

Unfortunately, I'm in a profession where I'm unable to get time off whenever I want so booking the morning/day off was not an option.

There seems to be more awareness of the issue now but employer demands seem to be increasing in my experience. I spend more time with my work colleagues than I do my own family.

It's definitely better than it used to be.

When my wife's nan went into labour with my mother in law, her husband still had to go in to work. On his 30 minute lunch break from some factory in Aston, he went to a shop to a buy a chocolate bar, went home to give it to his wife as a present, met his daughter for the first time and went back to work a few minutes later.

37 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It's definitely better than it used to be.

When my wife's nan went into labour with my mother in law, her husband still had to go in to work. On his 30 minute lunch break from some factory in Aston, he went to a shop to a buy a chocolate bar, went home to give it to his wife as a present, met his daughter for the first time and went back to work a few minutes later.

My Dad always said he was favourably impressed by my timing of being born. On a Saturday. On 3rd round FA Cup day. Just before the pubs opened. 

I aim to please. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have to say my employers are excellent in that regard, I can often get last minute holidays booked off or can work from home if I need to do a job or maybe the school run. 

My employers are fine, I can get days off at short notice and work from home whenever I want. My problem is my clients! I tell them i'm off for a day and it explodes!

I'm off today but had to work like a slave yesterday and then had to fire off a load of work emails off my phone at 10pm last night (after I got back from dinner with my parents) just to be in a position to have 7 hours off today! :angry:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I just don't get some of our younger generation wondering round the shops/streets with there hand down the front there jeans, joggers, trousers etc?   

Regarding the jogging bottoms, in preparation for getting lip from one of these young scallywags, I've carried the very witty response "Yeah, well...nice pyjamas" for some time now.

Unfortunately the opportunity has not yet arisen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

My employers are fine, I can get days off at short notice and work from home whenever I want. My problem is my clients! I tell them i'm off for a day and it explodes!

I'm off today but had to work like a slave yesterday and then had to fire off a load of work emails off my phone at 10pm last night (after I got back from dinner with my parents) just to be in a position to have 7 hours off today! :angry:

I find a day off works best when I don't tell anyone.

I can do all the prep for a day off but there is something deep in the psyche of some Clients that me being 'off' appears to upset them. I had a voicemail at 6:30am a couple of weeks ago basically saying 'I know it's your day off, but when you get back, can we arrange a meeting for sometime next week'.

So there was no big panic, no burning building. Just a 'need' to contact me on a pre planned day off.

On a similar note, people that can't organise themselves and end up sending out work related e-mails at stupid o' clock. Personally, I might well work late and I might write up an e-mail at midnight, but it gets sent first thing next morning. That's my own personal bit of e-mail etiquette. One particular project manager clearly does my project between 11:00pm and 1:00am and that's when I get the e-mails. I got sent one e-mail at 11:00pm on a Friday giving me a piece of work with an agreed turn around of 3 days. As far as he was concerned, that meant Friday, Saturday, Sunday so he gets it returned completed on Monday. Pillock.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

I just don't get some of our younger generation wondering round the shops/streets with there hand down the front there jeans, joggers, trousers etc?   

These are extremely busy and productive young men who nevertheless take their health seriously, so take the sensible precaution of checking for testicular lumps. 

Body-shamer!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

See also: trousers that look like they're about to literally fall down. Men walking around looking like children that need their parents to dress them still is the 2017 look

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Years I've had that put down, years, and you've blown it apart in seconds. Back to the drawing board..

You should be thanking Snowy for saving you from being stabbed in the neck. 

To dis a mans joggers is one of the worst things you can do. The joggers represent the very core of ones identity. It is a clear message to the world that this is who I am and I will not be judged. 

Ya get me? 

Edited by villaglint
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I have to say my employers are excellent in that regard, I can often get last minute holidays booked off or can work from home if I need to do a job or maybe the school run. 

Same, and I'd refuse to work anywhere that didn't match my current employer's approach for anything short of doubling my salary. My last employer was big on 'presenteeism', and working from home was for upper management only, with a nod and a wink about them 'working' from home.

The current lot are a breath of fresh air. Not in any meetings today, and don't want to go in to the office for any reason? Cool, work from home. In meetings, but have a reason you'd really quite like to work from home? Cool, it's 2017, just dial in. Have something happening tomorrow, and the project isn't literally on fire? Cool, have the day off, or start late/finish early, whatever you want. 

I'm a big fan of the hour and a half lunches so I can go to the gym, too.

I've spoken to my 'boss' probably 4-5 times since Christmas. Our team manages itself, and we're all professionals that don't take the piss. **** love my job. :P 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â