Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The FB bores that continually post their kids first day back at school pics, every **** year.

qgeo4.jpg

worse than that for me is that a lot of the boys all seem to have those dreadful chavy haircuts with the gel and parting  that says "Mummy is a slave to hello magazine C list celebs"

I recently ventured back onto Facebook to add a work colleague who has left, the first things i was greeted by were someone checking in at a hair dressers and another person letting us all know that they were watching suicide squad. I promptly logged back off and chuckled to myself what modern society has become these days, utterly baffling social behaviour.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The dumbasses striking at Mcdonalds wishing pay of £10 an hour. Well,  good luck with that.

On the way to work yesterday I saw a Twitter post from someone mocking this too, except for he made a comment about 'flipping burgers'. I was really tempted to correct him and say that they haven't flipped burgers for years, but I decided against it. Sometimes it's better just to mumble to yourself and kick a stone towards a homeless man, than getting involved in an internet-spat, isn't it?

the stubborness of a certain gender that shall remain unspecified.

*4 weeks ago*

"look, don't quit you're current job yet, I know you've been offfered the job, but it can take a long time with the council and their HR to get start dates, big organisation, not known for their speed of paperwork."

"no, it'll be fine! I'll give a week's notice where I work and I'll be fine, it'll be nice to have a short break of a week or two before starting again - I don't want to go straight into the new job without a break. "

"that wouldn't happen. when they offer you a start date, they are not going to do it the day before they want you to work and with cash tight you might as well hang on."

"how do you know?"

"I've worked for the organisation, and even worked in several more places that have been similar. Not being a killjoy, nor am I being condescending, I am just trying to offer sensible advice,  just hang fire a moment. I say this, because I know how you hate being unemployed for a long period of time. At least wait until they've confirmed reference - "

"I'll be fine! Look I've even sent my notice in now as we speak"

--

" I don't understand what's taking so long?" Oh here we go... what! I'm not starting until the end of September!"

:bang:

" don't say it."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

worse than that for me is that a lot of the boys all seem to have those dreadful chavy haircuts with the gel and parting  that says "Mummy is a slave to hello magazine C list celebs"

a8c.jpg

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The dumbasses striking at Mcdonalds wishing pay of £10 an hour. Well,  good luck with that.

i think its an absolute minefield based on the size of the company and how they operate their business model, no doubt there are shouts about how much money mcdonalds make but then would it be mcdonalds or the individual franchises that set the rates of pay and hours? if its coming out of the restaurant owners pocket then i think realistically the financial impact on his business should be taken in to consideration and no doubt plenty of interest from the head honchos, it would set what i think mcdonalds would consider a dangerous precedent globally, they've had strikes in america over the same thing, they wont crumble over 2 stores in the UK

then add to that my own personal opinion which is as much as i'd like workers to get decent pay and to me this end 0 hours contracts thing is a load of bollocks (they'll all be given 4 hour contracts instead which was standard in retail when i worked in it 15 years ago...) they havent been mislead or forced to work there, the terms and conditions of their employment hasnt changed

The Meaning Evil's sister paper up here the Echo is pissing me right off.

Two stories about our firm in the last 5 days with regards to drivers overcharging.

First one complained isn't customer but her boss, who has reimbursed his member of staff £14 even though the receipt issued by the driver clearly states £4 (actual fare should have been £4:10)

Today we have a complaint from 7 weeks ago, already dealt with by our CS dept (as was one above) where it was found that again journey had been undercharged due to toll fees not being added on. Again the complainant is a third party, the father. His daughter is well over 18 but the father is a taxi driver (for a different company)

so that's two stories from third party complainants where he company has proved in both instances that the fare charged was actually lower than it should have been but the way these articles are written suggests we're the evil empire and are in the wrong on both counts. Compare that to a story about the Global App Taxi company putting their prices up threefold because there's a rail strike on.... might as well call the article an advertorial.

Metjnks people are getting free lifts fro a certain Global App company

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

The self-serve kiosks are great, just spend the extra money they'd use giving employees the raise and develop some robot chefs instead.

I saw something on twitter where it allows to you strip back every component on a burger to the point where you pay 0.99 cents for nothing, our robot overlords aren't quite ready to take charge yet.

Edited by AVFCDAN

20 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I saw something on twitter where it allows to you strip back every component on a burger to the point where you pay 0.99 cents for nothing, our robot overlords aren't quite ready to take charge yet.

I saw that.

Similarly you can order a burger and add obscene amounts of everything, including extra patties. The video I saw had the manager serving the burger. It was a **** mess but very funny.

23 minutes ago, Jon said:

Had to moonie 'pattie'.  Seems it's like a deep fried potato? 

Patty. As in a beef patty (pluralised to patties)

A small, flat cake of minced food, especially meat.

i.e. the meat part of a burger.

Edited by Stevo985

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But....but.....what about.... :

monkey111img10.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I was going to go all.... bloody Americans, abusing our language etc

Then, I looked it up, its British and French and that pisses me off no end but shouldn't

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is £10 an hour (what the Maccies staff want) a lot nowadays? Seems quite a decent wage for a basic job? 

it's a 33% rise on minimum wage.

To be honest, it's about where the minimum wage should be. 

• Like 4

Seeing my new topic in the VT section about having my Season Ticket suspended by Villa fall 5 threads down with no replies in quick time, including being under the Ross McCormack thread. :(

Â