Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have a friend - actually more an acquaintance - at university who has now twice failed and had to redo a year because all he does in his free time is play videogames. Hardly studies, hardly revises. He's a foreign student too so he's not covered by student loans, his parents are paying out of their own pockets for this.

Similarly, this year a housemate of mine ended up dropping out because he flunked his January exams. Why? Because the clearing in the woods was up till 5am every single night playing videogames.

That attitude just pisses me off. **** off if you're not going to try.

Edited by Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

People posting "has he gone yet" in threads.

No, he hasn't. You know this.

I think its an extension of football tribalism, people seem to feel the need to make it absolutely clear they are in the out camp.

I know I'm straying 'on topic' here, but I really do find a lot of Villa fans utter embarrassments. Pretty much every post in the match thread yesterday was about how Bruce was going to mess it up, or Bruce was going to be sacked, or Bruce should be sacked etc. I don't really know how to express my emotion at it all but it really frustrates me just how little respect people have for SB and the plain lies that get banded around.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I have a friend - actually more an acquaintance - at university who has now twice failed and had to redo a year because all he does in his free time is play videogames. Hardly studies, hardly revises. He's a foreign student too so he's not covered by student loans, his parents are paying out of their own pockets for this.

Similarly, this year a housemate of mine ended up dropping out because he flunked his January exams. Why? Because the clearing in the woods was up till 5am every single night playing videogames.

That attitude just pisses me off. **** off if you're not going to try.

*computer games.

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Yep, 100% agree. Wasting your time playing video games, when you should be using your university time, getting smashed up, baked, and sleeping around is unforgivable!

"In my day, the principal concerns of university students were sex, smoking dope, rioting and learning. Learning was something you did only when the first three weren’t available" (Bill Bryson) 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Xela said:

The fact it is indulged by the schools  

I don't think the school is 'indulging' anything. It's a very serious and confusing/distressing period for the children and parents involved. What the school seems to be doing, is maybe trying to 'help', to understand, to make this period less stressful for those involved. Such things are not done on a whim, and will undoubtedly involve other professionals too.

Just now, Craigy1874 said:

When people ask for 'red onion' in subway when they only do one type of onion...red.

It's their way of saying "if there WAS a choice, I'd still be a pussy".

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I think its an extension of football tribalism, people seem to feel the need to make it absolutely clear they are in the out camp.

I know I'm straying 'on topic' here, but I really do find a lot of Villa fans utter embarrassments. Pretty much every post in the match thread yesterday was about how Bruce was going to mess it up, or Bruce was going to be sacked, or Bruce should be sacked etc. I don't really know how to express my emotion at it all but it really frustrates me just how little respect people have for SB and the plain lies that get banded around.

Whoever was the first person to refer to a manager as a 'charlatan' or 'fraud' needs a slap.

The latest in the long running Birmingham offices are populated by people who can't use a toilet has come about this week.

Go into cubicle, pay no attention to the state of it, lock door... And notice hand is wet. Glance at seat. Completely covered in liquid. Look at floor. Realise the floor is very pointedly wet in a distinct pattern going towards the door. Notice the door is also wet at the bottom.

Disgust dawns.

Toilet is filled with cacophony of foul language.

How the **** do you manage to piss all over a toilet seat, all over the floor and all over the door? And moreover, who the **** does that? You'd have to **** straddle the loo and actually try to piss on the door. And then you'd get piss on your hand as you left when you opened the door.

**** words removed.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

Had that awkward thing today where I was walking down the corridors at work with one of my colleagues chatting away for a good five minutes or so and gradually it dawned on us that we were both heading for a shit at the same time.  Possibly the most self-conscious shit I've ever done trying not to make any big plops or farts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I dunno what to think about the whole thing to be honest.  It was never a problem when I was at school.  We had a few openly homosexual kids and they got a bit of stick in the same vein as the fat kids got.  I.e. it would be used as ammo should there be a conflict, but it was never purposefully aimed at.

A small part of me thinks that the issue has become more "popular" as a result of increased coverage, and without that coverage, I doubt half these kids would even know about it, let alone have the issue affect them.

A 10/11 year old kid (or younger in some cases) s not mature enough (in my opinion) to be in a position to be able to make a decision of such importance like transitioning gender. 

Anyway, **** it, it's their life. It  shouldn't piss me off but it does so in keeping with the topic header :)

8 hours ago, Craigy1874 said:

When people ask for 'red onion' in subway when they only do one type of onion...red.

On a related matter... are they pickles? Or do you say gherkins? I never know what to call them 

Â