Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's a sign in the kitchen at work - it's in Polish but is translated into English. But the English translation is the most patronising thing ever.

To be fair, someone has to be doing it for there to be a sign up, so I think the patronising tone is warranted.

We have the same at work for pissing on the toilet seat and throwing chewing gum in the urinal. These animals need to be stopped.

Got asked to write a functional spec, did it, issued it for review, person comes back telling me it's all wrong, passes me an email telling me the detail of the function that supersedes the previous email. Have to do it all again because some idiot couldn't be bothered to give me all the detail. rocket polisher. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Got asked to write a functional spec, did it, issued it for review, person comes back telling me it's all wrong, passes me an email telling me the detail of the function that supersedes the previous email. Have to do it all again because some idiot couldn't be bothered to give me all the detail. rocket polisher. 

The second one might take A LOT longer to finish ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

To be fair, someone has to be doing it for there to be a sign up, so I think the patronising tone is warranted.

We have the same at work for pissing on the toilet seat and throwing chewing gum in the urinal. These animals need to be stopped.

Urgh, I hate chewing gum in the urinal.

It tastes funny.

• Haha 4

I've unfollowed a couple of prominent Villa related Twitter accounts today, for retweeting Donald Trump and Tommy Robinson. I don't follow those accounts for political opinions, they should just stick to football.

• Like 3

There's these maple trees growing on council land just outside the fence of our back yard. They didn't use to be much of a problem until lately when they've grown so big that they block out the sun at about 3pm in the afternoon. The yard is South facing so essentially we lose something like 6 hours of sun and in winter probably something like 70% of the daily sunlight.

Any ideas how I can get the council to at least top these trees? Why they planted maples that grow this much every year baffles me.

I went to the vending machine at work on Friday for a dairy milk and was delighted when the machine turned and two fell. I got back to my desk, ate one and popped the other one in my drawer for Monday.

A few minutes later, I told a colleague about it and I offered her the other one (I'm a really nice guy). She said "Ooh, if you're sure, thank you!" and she popped it in her drawer. 

I'd forgotten about it, but she's just pulled it out her drawer and started eating it. 

Definitely something that's pissed me off that shouldn't...but she was supposed to eat that on Friday! You can't do that, can you!? I want it back now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Big Ben. Who gives a **** shite?
Get back to ruining the country you clowns.

Yeah but what you don't realise is that whilst there's a pretty pathetic stink being kicked up over it apparently being health and safety gone mad that means people can't work on a live clock face ( :rolleyes: ) the news story about the government getting close to signing off £4bn worth of refurbishment works to their place of work, which would make it the second most expensive construction project in the history of the world ever, isn't being told

rocket polishers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

health and safety gone mad

It seems there is a link between the general mental state of the H&S that is,  amazingly linked not to the building or even the workers but to the personel wealth of those who either live or work there.  As you say,  for a clock the H&S seems to have lost it's f****** mind there.  

Stay safe out there everyone. :thumb:

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah but what you don't realise is that whilst there's a pretty pathetic stink being kicked up over it apparently being health and safety gone mad that means people can't work on a live clock face ( :rolleyes: ) the news story about the government getting close to signing off £4bn worth of refurbishment works to their place of work, which would make it the second most expensive construction project in the history of the world ever, isn't being told

rocket polishers

What's the first?

Â