Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

the mecca clock tower building whatever its called (which cost around $15bn) but i think that place is the 2nd tallest building in the world and the 3rd largest by gross internal floor area, its absolutely massive

the current second is the marina bay sands in singapore (the 3 towers with the boat on top)

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah but what you don't realise is that whilst there's a pretty pathetic stink being kicked up over it apparently being health and safety gone mad that means people can't work on a live clock face ( :rolleyes: )

s-0ea3bb0aa6e6fd7e4fa7fca96f62c2c3ce4474c6.gif (635×477)

• Like 1

There ia a lady at work who everytime somebody tells her something her response is " I thought so." or  "Oh, I know."

Even when she asks you a question of which she has no idea of the answer, and no way of her knowing the process,  her response is...
"Well I was thinking that." " Well I thought that." "Yeah, that's what I was thinking."

Very annoying.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There ia a lady at work who everytime somebody tells her something her response is " I thought so." or  "Oh, I know."

Even when she asks you a question of which she has no idea of the answer, and no way of her knowing the process,  her response is...
"Well I was thinking that." " Well I thought that." "Yeah, that's what I was thinking."

Very annoying.

I'm slighty guilty of that.  

I'll even think to myself "no I didn't" (know that).  

There was one the other day where I was talking with my wife and father in law.  We were talking about a pub which is near us, and I was trying to explain where Halesowen Town's ground was.  He said "is it by the pub with the plane on it?" I said "yea, it's called the Whitley" and he said "oh of course, the Whitley is an old plane isn't it" and I said "yea, it sure is" and my wife said "how do you know that?" and I said sarcastically "well there's a picture of it on the placard outside you dumb ****" and we all laughed at her stupid face.

About 2 days later I told her I didn't know that the Whitley was a plane, I just remembered a picture of a plane on the picture board. 

(I didn't call my wife a dumb **** really, but I did laugh at her expense). 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Very annoying.

Just make things up and ask her if she knows about it.

See how far you can push it.  Won't solve it but it will amuse.

EG   "Did you know......We are all getting new keyboards where you can arrange the letters as you like?  What colour are you going to have as there are 4 colours to choose from?" 

Bet she has been thinking about this for ages or she knew they had been ordered and it was her idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

There was one the other day where I was talking with my wife and father in law.  We were talking about a pub which is near us, and I was trying to explain where Halesowen Town's ground was.  He said "is it by the pub with the plane on it?" I said "yea, it's called the Whitby" and he said "oh of course, the Whitby is an old plane isn't it" and I said "yea, it sure is" and my wife said "how do you know that?" and I said sarcastically "well there's a picture of it on the placard outside you dumb ****" and we all laughed at her stupid face.

About 2 days later I told her I didn't know that the Whitby was a place, I just remembered a picture of a plane on the picture board. 

(I didn't call my wife a dumb **** really, but I did laugh at her expense). 

It's called the Whitley, you idiot.

• Like 1

For the 2nd night running my private car parking space has been taken up by a big white beast.  I own that space (literally, as it is part of the deeds to the flat that I own).  It's not a huge issue on the evening as there are plenty of parking spaces (it's undercover and access controlled) but my fear is that during busy periods (e.g. on the weekend) I'll turn up to find no space available whatsoever (part of it is also a public car park).  I'm just waiting for the day when I'll have to take it further if they persist (all I could smell was a huge waft of something not entirely legal when going up to the car to place a polite notice on the windscreen).  The thing that gets me is that I've seen the car in a similarly privately owned space in the same area for the best part of a year.  In any case, I've made the parking management aware.  For now, it's a cat and mouse game to see who gets there first! 

Edited by trekka

Â