Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, RunRickyRun said:

That's right. sometimes you see things which look like black, but when you look at them closely, you'll see that they are very very very very very very dark blue

Never get your eyes tested at a non-priest optician - they'll shaft you every time.

• Like 1

Google Assistant replacing Google Now on my phone this morning. Google Now was great, gave me news stories I might be interested in and timely updates, like journey info to and from work. Now, I've got an annoying dedicated Google search section that's infinitely less convenient. Presumably Now wasn't pulling in enough info for Google, because this is shit.

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Speaking of shit.

Opening the front door this morning to be greeted by a large turd on the doorstep.

Oh, is it election time again? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

By definition they can't be, they contain colours. They are approximations of black

0 0 0 100 has absolutely no colour value in it!

If you're referring to the definition of black being the absence of light or total light absorption, then the question still makes sense as she's asking which is appearing to reflect less light...

:)

27 minutes ago, a m ole said:

0 0 0 100 has absolutely no colour value in it!

If you're referring to the definition of black being the absence of light or total light absorption, then the question still makes sense as she's asking which is appearing to reflect less light...

:)

CMYK is the Pantone printing process, Key is a colour in that process, it approximates black. It's actually a very very very dark blue

And what she should have said is which of the two images has the darker writing but I also suspect that wasn't what she was asking either.

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

CMYK is the Pantone printing process, Key is a colour in that process, it approximates black. It's actually a very very very dark blue

And what she should have said is which of the two images has the darker writing but I also suspect that wasn't what she was asking either.

I know :) I suspect you're fully aware of what the optician meant and are being pedantic for the fun of it haha

• Like 3

Just now, a m ole said:

I know :) I suspect you're fully aware of what the optician meant and are being pedantic for the fun of it haha

Actually no, I genuinely have no idea what she was trying to get me to assess. Black writing with a red background, black writing with a green background. Which is the more Black? They were both Black! I asked her did she mean which were the more defined characters? Nope, she didn't mean that... I asked her did she mean, does one of the character sets look grey and not Black. No, she didn't mean that either.

At least I can see properly though, unlike the first set of glasses they made

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Actually no, I genuinely have no idea what she was trying to get me to assess. Black writing with a red background, black writing with a green background. Which is the more Black? They were both Black! I asked her did she mean which were the more defined characters? Nope, she didn't mean that... I asked her did she mean, does one of the character sets look grey and not Black. No, she didn't mean that either.

At least I can see properly though, unlike the first set of glasses they made

Ah you missed out the red and green part!

It sounded like it was two different sets of black writing on white background.

Consider this conversation pointless :)

There's a sign in the kitchen at work - it's in Polish but is translated into English. But the English translation is the most patronising thing ever.

Please keep in mind, that we do not throw food waste into the sink. We throw it in the trash

Â