Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

That the mahoosive giant spiders are getting more brazen and starting to run around my flat in the open more. I swear I've just had to get rid of someone's escaped bird eater!!!! Massive flipping thing, possibly THE biggest normal spider I've ever seen.

Come home from work this afternoon to the wife in tears, she's pregnant from the only time we've had sex in ages. 

She tries to push the decision on to me as I'm trying to be supportive and find out what she wants, eventually she comes out and says she doesn't want it. Fair enough, probably the best decision given the circumstances. I was 50/50 on it, maybe 60/40 against. 

Came to bed tonight and she asks if I'd leave her if she kept it. 

WTF we've been married 9 years and I've always been faithful so I don't know where she gets that idea and way to spin me through a loop when I've got an early start in the morning.

I'm guessing she may be more than a little hormonal and emotional at the moment perhaps dude? Just be there for her chap.

Just out of curiosity, and tell me to bugger off if you need to, why do you both not want to keep it? Why would she change her mind? You both happy together?

The "Watches" and "Car" threads. 

To me, both functional pieces of technology , it perplexes me that folk would choose to spend such a large proportion of their hard earned money on stuff that impacts their quality of life minimally. 

So add to that my own hypocrisy as I consider spending a shed load of money on an electric guitar. Yeah...but I want it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm guessing she may be more than a little hormonal and emotional at the moment perhaps dude? Just be there for her chap.

Just out of curiosity, and tell me to bugger off if you need to, why do you both not want to keep it? Why would she change her mind? You both happy together?

Already have a 6 year old, We don't have room, I started a new job 6 months ago, She'll be 40 when it's due, We can't really afford another one, and all the upheaval that a pregnancy/another child brings. 

Don't know

Things aren't perfect by any stretch but we're content.

7 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

The "Watches" and "Car" threads. 

To me, both functional pieces of technology , it perplexes me that folk would choose to spend such a large proportion of their hard earned money on stuff that impacts their quality of life minimally. 

So add to that my own hypocrisy as I consider spending a shed load of money on an electric guitar. Yeah...but I want it. 

Ah, not just me, then. Totally agree (even down to the guitar). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V01 said:

Already have a 6 year old, We don't have room, I started a new job 6 months ago, She'll be 40 when it's due, We can't really afford another one, and all the upheaval that a pregnancy/another child brings. 

Don't know

Things aren't perfect by any stretch but we're content.

I'm no expert on these things but I don't think there ever is a perfect time to have a child. My first is due in 4 weeks, I'm 44, my mrs has 2 lads, we've just moved into a bigger house and the contract I've been working on finishes in october. I've got/had real concerns and sleepless nights. I think sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and hope things work out...bit nerve wracking I know but it's what life is sometimes. 

• Like 3

Never a right time to have kids really, although some would disagree. 

We were trying for ages but had no luck for whatever reason. We had broken up and had been apart for two weeks which was long for us. I'm on sofa chilling out at my mums and I get the phone call. 'Get you're ***** arse round here now' I thought  eh up, what has she heard about me. To cut a long story short she was pregnant and the following day we were back together. 

Second one was planned so nowt to talk about there

third came as a big shock and we was going to get rid, but in the end couldn't face it. We really didn't want no more because we were more than content with two. Anyway we wouldn't change it for the world and cannot imagine life without the little sod. House ain't big enough but it'll do, and yes it's more expense, but it's hardly bankrupting us. Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

12 hours ago, V01 said:

Come home from work this afternoon to the wife in tears, she's pregnant from the only time we've had sex in ages. 

She tries to push the decision on to me as I'm trying to be supportive and find out what she wants, eventually she comes out and says she doesn't want it. Fair enough, probably the best decision given the circumstances. I was 50/50 on it, maybe 60/40 against. 

WTF we've been married 9 years and I've always been faithful so I don't know where she gets that idea and way to spin me through a loop when I've got an early start in the morning.

Women are funny creatures at the best of times. Hope you make the best decision for yous as a couple whatever that may be. More so for women, but it's one hell of a rollercoaster pregnancy is.

14 hours ago, V01 said:

Is there a hint in there that you think she might have played away?

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It was a stupid idea tbf. 

Maybe it was a cunning plan that you hoped everyone else would think it was insanity to go and it would actually be empty? :D

The west indies beat england on day 3 of third test in the 5 game series in the T20 1 day international ashes.

Ino other words England couldn't hit the the ball with a bat that isn't really a sport. I **** hate cricket

Â