Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

50 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Darts. From the 'ally pally' to the "I'm going to dress up like an oompa loompa to get on tv" hollering morons that go to watch 2 obese men with heart conditions throw a stick at the wall.

If they stopped the darts half way through, I doubt anyone would notice. They're all too busy waving placards with unfunny handwritten slogans on, whilst singing football songs, and making retarded faces at the TV cameras.

Oh and that "There's only one..." chant that ends "walking along, singing a song, walking in a <player's name> wonderland" makes me want to hurt things. 

My nan had the darts on when I went round on Saturday, they had some bird wearing very little dancing on the stage when they chaps came out. That's all I noticed.

It looks very "laddy" doesn't it. An excuse to get very drunk and very loud.

(anyone fancy it next year?)

• Like 2

Black cab drivers. Specifically black cab drives that you know, absolutely know are running the clock up on a journey.

They catch every light they possibly can, they step on and off the accelerator for absolutely no reason, they take illogical routes and lane choices hoping you don't know better.

Piss off, I know what you are doing I'm just too British to say anything so pay up like a mug.

• Like 2

case in point just now on sky sports news, blurb from the attractive presenter "now the action from ally pally as Dave 'the coronary' smith beat Steve 'the diabetes and high cholesterol' Roberts infront of a bumper crowd, followed by footage of a table of grown men dressed as star wars characters, looking totally uninterested until the cameras panned round to them. I had to change the chanel over I was so annoyed.

then I turned back over to ssn and they had a story about cricket on, so I had to change the channel again

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blandy said:

And while we're on stupid phraseology, the thing that bugged me most in the election a few months ago, wasn't the horrible effing tories* or mad UKIPs it was that suddenly everyone started saying "he's scared to debate Milliband" when they always used to say "scared to debate with Miliband".

And people have started saying "that speaks to / I can't speak to that" instead of "that speaks about/ I can't speak about that".

And "he promised to write me" rather than "he promised to write to me"

I blame the Rolling Stones, mainly. Them and progress. Down with that sort of thing.

* it was the horrible effing tories, really.

Try working in a North American office if you want to hear a complete spastication of the English language.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Having quickly googled the 'this needs done' construction, it appears to be a feature of (some) Appalachian dialects:

'Around these parts, there’s an unusual kind of syntactic construction used to express necessity. I first heard about it in a class on historical linguistics, but didn’t hear it “in the wild” (as we linguists say) until I was married and heard my brother-in-law say at a cookout,

"The burgers need flipped".

It's very common in Scotland, particularly Glasgow.  I think it's to do with Shakespeare ...

To be or not to Be?....no to be

It needs fixed.

• Like 1

Darts. From the 'ally pally' to the "I'm going to dress up like an oompa loompa to get on tv" hollering morons that go to watch 2 obese men with heart conditions throw a stick at the wall.

This.

I used to like darts when the audience had to be quiet whilst John Lowe went for double 14 or Eric Bristow just missed a 9 dart finish.

These days it's an excuse for people to be utter words removed whilst Phil **** Taylor wins yet another skyscumsport telly trophy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

If they stopped the darts half way through, I doubt anyone would notice. They're all too busy waving placards with unfunny handwritten slogans on, whilst singing football songs, and making retarded faces at the TV cameras.

Oh and that "There's only one..." chant that ends "walking along, singing a song, walking in a <player's name> wonderland" makes me want to hurt things. 

Obviously this is the correct topic for a post like that but what's wrong with people getting drunk, having a laugh and enjoying a bit of darts for their evenings entertainment. Its certainly a world away from watching professional football like Aston Villa are serving up at the moment, overpriced to the fan, overpaid to the player.

I'm enjoying the world champs a lot more than prem football at the moment regardless of whether you think its a sport.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 3

Â