Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Flew Oman Air the other week, was having a stand off with the woman in front about her reclining. She declined her seat straight away but I had blocked it with my knees. I asked politely if she would mind not as it was a) infringing on my leg room (being over 6ft tall I didn't have much) and didn't give her any extra leg room as her knees weren't touching the seat in front of her anyway, b ) it meant I could barely see my tv screen after she had declined the chair and c) couldn't use my table for a drink. She was quite reasonable about it until midway through the flight when her friend next to her pushed the seat back to recline, looked at me and said "so what?" I was so taken aback I couldn't think of a riposte so stood in the aisle in a mood for half an hour so my legs weren't crushed. I think she won :mellow:

tl;dr I agree, clearings in the woods recline

I think they should recline all the way back so that everybody's head is in the person behind's lap. 

This would also save the cabin crew having to check if everybody's seat belt was fastened correctly at take off and landing as we could check each others. 

• Like 2

In the end I just filled in the customer service survey a few times by pressing the buttons on the screen as hard as I could and kneeing the back of the seat at regular intervals.  I also muttered 'absolute words removed' a bit louder than I perhaps should have done but I think only the fat kid opposite me on the aisle heard.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

The fact this was quoting Xela talking about dumping made me LOL for some reason.

Wrong thread, wrong everything.  Dated July :mellow:

I really dont know what happened.  Anyway,  toilet users that recline the seats,  words removed.

• Like 3

On 20/08/2016 at 03:20, dAVe80 said:

Just avoided kebab shops on the way home, safe in the knowledge I had some chicken satays in the fridge. I've just managed to throw them all on the floor. Gutted! 

Still more sanitary that any kebab shop in this country.

'The Championship: Football League Tonight' on Ch5.  Never really paid much attention to this programme until this season obviously, but it is bloody awful.  After the joys of winning against Rotherham, I was really looking forward to some highlights of the game and we were on for all of about 3 minutes?   In addition, two dire presenters and analysis provided by Curbishley and Megson.  Truly dismal.  

Waking up early this afternoon planned to stretch then go back to sleep but no, had an evil cramp in my calf. After thrashing around in agony for what felt like an hour I couldn't get back to sleep. Been limping around all day, can you get calf strain from a cramp?

1 hour ago, V01 said:

Waking up early this afternoon planned to stretch then go back to sleep but no, had an evil cramp in my calf. After thrashing around in agony for what felt like an hour I couldn't get back to sleep. Been limping around all day, can you get calf strain from a cramp?

I tore a leg muscle a couple of months ago. I managed to make such a good job of it that I ended up with really bad muscle pain down my leg and in my groin when I woke up one day with a decent showing of morning glory. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or slap some deep freeze gel on it.

My wife absolutely refused to help.

Football phone ins in particular, radio WM. The thing that yanks my chain is some of the regular callers believe that they are some sort of minor celebrity. This includes some of our own fans too although the prime clearing in the woods is a bloke called Eddie who bangs on about us (like many of them do - obsession is an ugly trait) being a smaller club than his beloved ollbeeyun. I just can't take him seriously especially when he sounds like he's been permanently kicked in the groin.....and that's when I can understand him. Ay it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Football phone ins in particular, radio WM. The thing that yanks my chain is some of the regular callers believe that they are some sort of minor celebrity. This includes some of our own fans too although the prime clearing in the woods is a bloke called Eddie who bangs on about us (like many of them do - obsession is an ugly trait) being a smaller club than his beloved ollbeeyun. I just can't take him seriously especially when he sounds like he's been permanently kicked in the groin.....and that's when I can understand him. Ay it ?

Radio WM football phone in is a chance for me to get a dose of local football "banter", and listen to the views of my regional brothers and sisters. It's also a chance to laugh my head of at some of the bitter clearing in the woods, and remember that no longer having to live and work with the region's football fans is often a wonderful thing. That said, I'm instead surrounded by just as bitter Geordies and Makems. :blink:

Oooh, I've just remembered something and it's pissing me off thinking about it again.

Off work last week, me and the wife were out and about and we needed to get something quick to eat. It was 2:30pm on a weekday and I remembered I had some pizza express 2 for 1 vouchers in my wallet so we went in for a bit of lunch. There were no other customers in there (which I found a bit awkward), but it was the longest I've had to wait in a restaurant.

It was 10-15 minutes after seating us before the one waitress in there came and asked us if we'd like drinks, another 10-15 minutes before bringing them over, another 10-15 minutes before coming to take out order, a 20 minute wait for the starters etc. 2 and a half hours we were in there, just in time for rush hour.

Of course I didn't complain, I'm just moaning on here and I was reasonably happy because there were loads of pokemon and a pokestop very close, but still. Bloody annoying. I was so annoyed we didn't even leave a tip. That'll learn 'em.

11 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It was 10-15 minutes after seating us before the one waitress in there came and asked us if we'd like drinks, another 10-15 minutes before bringing them over, another 10-15 minutes before coming to take out order

I'd have walked out by this point, you have more patience than me.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd have walked out by this point, you have more patience than me.

Me too, and I've done it.  Funnily enough in an Italian restaurant where we ordered pizza.  It was a pre-going-on-the-piss meal just to line the stomach so we didn't have 2 hours to sit around.  I think after about half an hour of nothing, we just stood up which got their attention, we explained, they apologised and we left.

31 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oooh, I've just remembered something and it's pissing me off thinking about it again.

Off work last week, me and the wife were out and about and we needed to get something quick to eat. It was 2:30pm on a weekday and I remembered I had some pizza express 2 for 1 vouchers in my wallet so we went in for a bit of lunch. There were no other customers in there (which I found a bit awkward), but it was the longest I've had to wait in a restaurant.

It was 10-15 minutes after seating us before the one waitress in there came and asked us if we'd like drinks, another 10-15 minutes before bringing them over, another 10-15 minutes before coming to take out order, a 20 minute wait for the starters etc. 2 and a half hours we were in there, just in time for rush hour.

Of course I didn't complain, I'm just moaning on here and I was reasonably happy because there were loads of pokemon and a pokestop very close, but still. Bloody annoying. I was so annoyed we didn't even leave a tip. That'll learn 'em.

I tend to be sympathetic towards low-paid workers in the service industry, but quite often they show me that they have ways of getting their own back. 

5 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I tend to be sympathetic towards low-paid workers in the service industry, but quite often they show me that they have ways of getting their own back. 

I ordered Spaghetti carbonara once.  It came out with no bacon in it.  I sent it back in.  I still wonder to this day whether I was right to eat what came back out.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I ordered Spaghetti carbonara once.  It came out with no bacon in it.  I sent it back in.  I still wonder to this day whether I was right to eat what came back out.

• Like 4

Â