Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Work toilets again...

Yesterday I went into a cubicle for a piss as there was someone at the urinals, standing in the middle one of three (clearing in the woods!) and I refuse to stand there unless there is a clear urinal gap between me and the other man holding his penis. 

You got a small dick too? 

• Like 4

'Do you need any help with packing?'
'No I think I'll be alright thanks'
*Cashier immediately takes this as tacit approval to hurl groceries through the scanner and down the ramp towards you as hard and fast as possible*

**** off.

• Like 4

I had to resort to using human scanners today.

I used the SCOs for years, they're quicker, more efficient, and I don't need to pretend to enjoy small talk with a supermarket peon. Then the self checkout attendant asked if I wanted her number, and the only thing I could think to say was "erm, no thanks".

The nearest supermarket is another 5 miles away. :( 

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I used the SCOs for years, they're quicker, more efficient, and I don't need to pretend to enjoy small talk with a supermarket peon. Then the self checkout attendant asked if I wanted her number, and the only thing I could think to say was "erm, no thanks".

Score out of 10? 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

True story: 

The year, 1980. The place, a supermarket. I'm there with a mate, buying beer. My mate flirts with the girl on the checkout. They set up a date. They end up living together. Bad match - he's a player, she's clingy. 

Flash forward to 1987. He has an affair with someone else, gets caught, commits suicide. 

Insert emoticon here. 

Just avoided kebab shops on the way home, safe in the knowledge I had some chicken satays in the fridge. I've just managed to throw them all on the floor. Gutted! 

Edited by dAVe80

4 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Just avoided kebab shops on the way home, safe in the knowledge I had some chicken satays in the fridge. I've just managed to throw them all on the floor. Gutted! 

Scrape 'em up, they'll be fine. Five second rule. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Scrape 'em up, they'll be fine. Five second rule. 

The issue was, I'd cleaned the kitchen floor with bleach earlier in the day. Wouldn't have minded a bit of dirt, but chicken and bleach don't mix that well. 

This is definitely a should piss me off one.

I collect a number of daft geeky things, and this means sometimes using smaller independent retailers and importers and invariably deposits. One retailer had a great reputation, I used with confidence a few times and was delighted with the service. Had a few things on order with them due to release over the next 18 months or so. Rumbles started coming out they were having some troubles with suppliers, I stopped using them as a retailer but still had faith they'd be able to deliver on the orders already in.

But they didn't. And they didn't for a lot of people. To a not insignificant sum of money when they're all added up. A lot of these people chased for refunds, or alternative stock in lieu, including myself, and got ignored. Eventually the police get involved - surely they have to see that a retailer can't just take money in good faith for products they then can't deliver? Nope. Done nothing wrong. We're sure refunds will be forthcoming. I'm not so sure when refunds haven't turned up in the last 18 months...

I don't think there's been a conscious decision to defraud people, and the situation I understand, but still... surely a shop can't just have money off people for goods and services, never deliver, and then hold their hands up and say 'Sorry, not our fault, we'll definitely refund you eventually'. I've not been hit anywhere near the levels other people have, but still... I'd kinda like to think a retailer had an obligation to either deliver, agree an alternative, or refund, in a timely manner.

Unfortunately I don't really have any redress via credit card/paypal either.

Irritating.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bastards on planes that put their seat back in standard class.  Yes that extra two inches you can recline is going to make you sleep much better and I don't mind having the same taken off my leg room.  It should be banned.  

Whenever I can I book a seat on the back row so I can recline guilt free. It's usually next to the bog though.

I agree they should get rid of it though.

On 29/07/2016 at 22:02, Xela said:

I was having a dump at work today and I remember thinking I had at least 3 things to put in this thread. Now, I can't remember

Get on early,  there is a little gadget you can buy that once inserted means the seat cannot go back.  they won't / can't know how to fix it.

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The fact this was quoting Xela talking about dumping made me LOL for some reason.

It managed to completely throw me.  Now I get it :lol:

• Like 1

After 70+ flights, mostly in economy, the way I think of it is - the seats are meant to be reclined but are in a temporary upright position for take off and landing. Whilst the seat in front of me is upright the person sitting in it is lending me a few inches of his space, so I don't mind if he reclines when he chooses. It's a mindset that has served me well on a few dozen economy flights where individual space is tight. I do think it's polite to recline in a slow steady movement so the person behind isn't surprised. I have increasingly found that many short haul flights have economy seats that don't recline (presumably to avoid arguments from those who don't grasp the point of my first two sentences), and on long haul flights I pay extra not to sit in economy, so reclining isn't an issue.

Â