Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Taking about floaters. I hate them ones that slide down the U bend and leave a skid mark all the way down after flush. We have alot of them at work. Does no one realise, if you put some bog roll down first you won't get this horrible situation.

Got hit by a car yesterday. Cycling around barcelona. Went around a parked truck. Looked behind. Nothing. Heard lady friend scream. Turned around. Saw car right beside me. Hit me with the wing mirror and the back of the car. Fell off bike. Gash to ankle and elbow. Bruised hip. Now today woke up with really stiff neck. Two young Asian guys driving. Tourists. Not a rental car apparently. They stopped and came back to see if I was ok. According to lady friend they just ploughed through the road as if they didn't see me. She screamed because they just missed her. Idiots. I took a picture of their license plate and then waved them away. Don't think there's any permanent damage done. Just really pissed me off 

On 11/08/2016 at 09:01, maqroll said:

my dental insurance company blue cross/blue shield are running a billing game on me, the words removed. what a dirty company, my god, i just started reading other review and opinion on them...possibly more diabolical than dell computer.

This is where our NHS system is far superior to your system.

Looks like my nipper might need a dental brace, it'll be free, it's just a question of waiting 18 months to two years in the queue, although to be fair the guy doing it has sent us a nice letter saying if we want to go private he can do it this month.

Too busy to see the kid for 2 years. Touting for private work in the next 2 weeks. Classy.

Just been to a funeral - third one in the last six months. I realise that this is basically a statistical likelihood at my age, but 2016 is really shit, in so many ways. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2016 at 16:43, BOF said:

That Michael Phelps is being regarded by some as the greatest modern Olympian ever, because he happens to compete in a discipline where you can win multiple medals for doing many variations of the same thing. Swim with your arms that way.  Now swim with your arms this way.  Now swim with your arms the other way.  Now do a combination of them.  Now do it all for a bit further.

I can't think of another sport where you can win that many medals for doing pretty much the same thing for the same distance.

You win one medal for the 100m sprint.  You don't win another one for doing it with one arm in the air, and another for running it backwards, and sideways.  Pahh!

very much this, greatest olympian at all time...give me redgrave over him any day of the week, at these games katherine grainger has become the medalyist GB athlete of all time with 1 gold and 4 silvers over a 16 year period, 19 year old lily king could have beaten that in her first olympics so how can you possibly compare the 2? just seems like a lazy americanism where you judge a performance based on stats alone, phelps has the most medals so he must be the greatest...doesnt work like that its likely wiggins will overtake sir steve and sir chris at some point, will any of us seriously consider him the greatest british athlete of all time? doubt it

On 11/08/2016 at 18:25, sharkyvilla said:

Nowadays I hardly ever leave a floater, but a few years ago some of them used to be unflushable in less than 3 goes.  There came a point where I had to poke the turd as close to the back of the toilet into the u-bend with the brush and then flush to make sure it went.  I could never just leave it for someone else.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. 

If only my work colleagues were as considerate. 

On the subject I treated myself today to a shit in the handicapped toilet. Headrest, radiator (not required today), own sink and hand-dryer and someone had kindly left a motorcycle magazine in there. I felt like the Queen of Sheba

The fact that a lot of modern day sports 'journalism' seems to be based on making a story out of a tweet/snapchat/instragram picture or quote from a sports star. 

Zlatan Ibrahimovich, iam so fed up about hearing of him.

The media over here is writing about him like he is Jesus Christ, Zlatan done this.Zlatan said that,Zlatan is on vacation, Zlatan is not on vacation.

I have alot of respect for him, growing up in rosengård with parents who didnt care much for him, he made it to the top with very little help.

But iam so fed up hearing about him i wanna puke evrytime i hear his name!

• Like 2

Right...

1) People who use their mobile phone like they are in the Apprentice. Holding it in front of them and using the speakerphone. Sorry, 95% of people think you are a word removed. The 5% who don't are words removed anyway

2) People who buy new shoes and leave the white sticky label on the soles so when you walk behind them you can see it. Surely you'd check when put them on for the first time?

3) People who turn the steering wheel of their car using the palm of their hand in a big circular motion. Don't know why, just **** me off

4) People who troll 'famous' people on Twitter. Jack Grealish posted how pleased he was with his goal on Twitter and cue loads of responses saying how shit he is and how it was only Rotherham. Why do that? What's the point? 

5) Sad Twitter pretend ITKs

6) Said it before but the fact there are sports news websites out there (Football Insider/HITC) which basically make a story out of a tweet by a player, or even a fan of a club! Utter bullshit

7) The word removed who keeps breaking the toilet seat at work. What are you doing? Squat thrusts on it? 

Time for a cold beer...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

1) People who use their mobile phone like they are in the Apprentice. Holding it in front of them and using the speakerphone. Sorry, 95% of people think you are a word removed. The 5% who don't are words removed anyway

Ha! I've got my windows open and there's literally a woman walking down the road doing this right now. Apparently her boyfriend is in the doghouse. If I were him I'd be reconsidering the whole relationship. 

• Like 2

Whenever I see some word removed doing the speakerphone thing I hold my phone to my ear and offer to teach them how it works. You've got to be a massive word removed to talk on speakerphone in public.

I've not been punched yet, surprisingly.

• Like 2

When I was in the US I saw a lot of people doing that speakerphone thing, especially younger people. I wondered whether there was some kind of health scare story doing the rounds about holding a phone against your head. I couldn't think of another logical reason...

18 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

These pathetic words removed

As much as this kind of holiday isn't my cup of tea, and the idea of having to go to such lengths to obtain a sun lounger bemuses me, I wouldn't judge them too harshly. If that's what they want to do on their holiday, good luck to them. They'll have worked hard all year to pay for it, so let them get on with it. I'm quite impressed by planning and team work involved in getting their pitches.   

Â