Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Over-sensitivity. Sexism is a real thing but when people feel the need to moan about every little thing, the message gets diluted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/work/laura-trott-whats-for-tea-bbc-commentary-sparks-sexism-storm/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I swear to God some folk wake up in the morning just waiting to be offended. 

Perhaps Kenny is simply a very hungry bloke and that's all there is to it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Over-sensitivity. Sexism is a real thing but when people feel the need to moan about every little thing, the message gets diluted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/work/laura-trott-whats-for-tea-bbc-commentary-sparks-sexism-storm/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I swear to God some folk wake up in the morning just waiting to be offended. 

Perhaps Kenny is simply a very hungry bloke and that's all there is to it ?

I stayed up and watched the whole race.

The start was delayed due to the minor placing race being late starting. There was a false start. Then there was another false start. News at Ten ended up starting just after 11:30pm.

She had loads of time to rustle up some grub but just sat on her arse.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's almost as if the business wanted to make a profit and not give away millions in free holidays...

By omitting details of part of its competition which was 'misleading' as the ASA are quoted as saying in that article.

People complain about a company's advert and terms not being up to scratch and they get called 'moaning morons'?

12 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just walking to work, and slipped in a vomit slick on the pavement. 

Sorry, I did LOL

I did get shat on by a gull in a busy pub beer garden the other week so I feel your anguish 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The Mr soft impersonators mainly but the actual place itself is a big something of nothing, it looks a bit tired and run down, I did used to go for the very good crazy golf, there's a general feel about the place that someone's waiting to accuse you of looking at them funny  

The quality of the food I ended up having was shocking 

Surprised me that there were a fair few fans there by the time I left 

Its what I imagine an entertainment complex in Baghdad looks like

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

sparked a Twitter storm

I think I've found your problem ...

I'm surprised Boardman wasn't accused of being misogynistic and the other SJW bingo phrases were in there like patriarchy and 'everyday sexism'

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm surprised Boardman wasn't accused of being misogynistic and the other SJW bingo phrases were in there like patriarchy and 'everyday sexism'

Doesn't 'SJW' fill all four corners of the reactionary bingo card? ;):D

I say whats for tea all the time and depending on what my wife says tells me who is cooking it. If its something processed its within my skillset, if its something made she will do it. 

• Like 1

This should piss me off.

I work on a service desk. We have strict procedures for the passwords and the like.

Guy calls me, really angrily tells me he has an error message. I check his account, password has expired. He has 50 days before it expires. This is his fault. We have a really simple password reset procedure. We have to call the person back on a number they have in a database to prove it's them. Before calling them back, we set up a word on the phone just to confirm it's them.

This is a rough version of how this conversation went (he is C, interpret what it stands for yourself)

Me: Ok I can see your pw has expired, we have a procedure (explains procedure)

C: I NEVER HAD A VALIDATION WORD

Me: I know that, we set up one now on the phone just to confirm it's you when i call you back

C: I WAS NEVER GIVEN A VALIDATION WORD, CAN YOU JUST FIX THIS PLEASe

Me: I'm trying to but we need to reset your password and follow our procedure. Can we set up a validation word please?

C: OH MY GOD I DON'T HAVE A VALIDATION WORD.

Me: I know you don't yet. I'm trying to set one up with you now so I can fix your problem.

C: THIS IS RIDICULOUS. WHO CAN I COMPLAIN TO?

Me: Please, we can fix this in 2 minutes. All you need is a pw reset. Please give me any word as validation and I'll call you back and resolve the issue.

C: I KEEP TELLING YOU I DON'T HAVE A VALIDATION WORD. YOU SAY 2 MINUTES, BUT WE'VE BEEN ON THJE PHONE 2 MINUTES AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED ME ISSUE.

Me: Please, I'm trying to fix your issue. Your password has expired and we need to reset it. I've attempted to explain the procedure to you so please give me any word as validation.

More ranting, more I'm going to complain, refuses the email I give him if he wants to complain, hangs up.

Calls back to another agent, refuses to even provide his employee number (basic procedure) as he doesn't want to speak to anyone in Poland. Speaks to my supervisor, tells him that 'he's important so needs it fixed', 'I make calls so you can earn money' and eventually after 40 minutes, sets up a validation word.

'Useless', we call him back, reset the password and the issue is fixed immediately. 

I don't understand why people are such idiots. He could have been back up within 2 minutes but instead he dragged it out for 40 and said we were wasting his time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This should piss me off.

I work on a service desk. We have strict procedures for the passwords and the like.

Guy calls me, really angrily tells me he has an error message. I check his account, password has expired. He has 50 days before it expires. This is his fault. We have a really simple password reset procedure. We have to call the person back on a number they have in a database to prove it's them. Before calling them back, we set up a word on the phone just to confirm it's them.

This is a rough version of how this conversation went (he is C, interpret what it stands for yourself)

Me: Ok I can see your pw has expired, we have a procedure (explains procedure)

C: I NEVER HAD A VALIDATION WORD

Me: I know that, we set up one now on the phone just to confirm it's you when i call you back

C: I WAS NEVER GIVEN A VALIDATION WORD, CAN YOU JUST FIX THIS PLEASe

Me: I'm trying to but we need to reset your password and follow our procedure. Can we set up a validation word please?

C: OH MY GOD I DON'T HAVE A VALIDATION WORD.

Me: I know you don't yet. I'm trying to set one up with you now so I can fix your problem.

C: THIS IS RIDICULOUS. WHO CAN I COMPLAIN TO?

Me: Please, we can fix this in 2 minutes. All you need is a pw reset. Please give me any word as validation and I'll call you back and resolve the issue.

C: I KEEP TELLING YOU I DON'T HAVE A VALIDATION WORD. YOU SAY 2 MINUTES, BUT WE'VE BEEN ON THJE PHONE 2 MINUTES AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED ME ISSUE.

Me: Please, I'm trying to fix your issue. Your password has expired and we need to reset it. I've attempted to explain the procedure to you so please give me any word as validation.

More ranting, more I'm going to complain, refuses the email I give him if he wants to complain, hangs up.

Calls back to another agent, refuses to even provide his employee number (basic procedure) as he doesn't want to speak to anyone in Poland. Speaks to my supervisor, tells him that 'he's important so needs it fixed', 'I make calls so you can earn money' and eventually after 40 minutes, sets up a validation word.

'Useless', we call him back, reset the password and the issue is fixed immediately. 

I don't understand why people are such idiots. He could have been back up within 2 minutes but instead he dragged it out for 40 and said we were wasting his time.

Worst thing about this, he's a bloody Service Delivery Manager.

He sounds like a right bellend, but that's a really shit process, a user shouldn't have to call someone to deal with an expired password, that's a terrible implementation, I'd be pretty annoyed just for that.

• Like 2

Why?

It's your own fault if your password has expired and it's a two minute procedure to get it reset.

By the way, I work for a company who has contracts with national security/defence etc so it's no surprise our procedures are air tight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Worst thing about this, he's a bloody Service Delivery Manager.

They're the best ones. Them and the 3rd/4th level programmers and project managers who are educated out of their collective arses but have zero people skills.

The SDM tyes are the one who bloody brought in these types of procedures for you to follow in the first place !

Words truly removed :rolleyes:

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Why?

It's your own fault if your password has expired and it's a two minute procedure to get it reset.

By the way, I work for a company who has contracts with national security/defence etc so it's no surprise our procedures are air tight.

There's no reason for it to not just present a prompt for the user to reset it themselves.

A forgotten password or a locked account, sure that requires validation, but I've never heard of a system requiring support to deal with an expired password, it's bizarre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

to be fair, if the guy didn't have a validation word it's more to do with the foreign i.t. call centre not understanding

I think that's a bit unfair considering he spoke to me.

Â