Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's no reason for it to not just present a prompt for the user to reset it themselves.

A forgotten password or a locked account, sure that requires validation, but I've never heard of a system requiring support to deal with an expired password, it's bizarre.

Regardless of that, it's our procedure and it's one we've had for years. He caused his own issue by not listening to me and wasted his own time considering I could have had it fixed within 2 minutes.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I think that's a bit unfair considering he spoke to me.

Sorry, I didn't get a word of that?

(it was just my idea of a dumb joke to wind you up, the guy was clearly a pleb)

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Sorry, I didn't get a word of that?

(it was just my idea of a dumb joke to wind you up, the guy was clearly a pleb)

Got me :D

I presumed so but I'm still wound up about it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This should piss me off.

I work on a service desk. We have strict procedures for the passwords and the like.

Guy calls me, really angrily tells me he has an error message. I check his account, password has expired. He has 50 days before it expires. This is his fault. We have a really simple password reset procedure. We have to call the person back on a number they have in a database to prove it's them. Before calling them back, we set up a word on the phone just to confirm it's them.

This is a rough version of how this conversation went (he is C, interpret what it stands for yourself)

Me: Ok I can see your pw has expired, we have a procedure (explains procedure)

C: I NEVER HAD A VALIDATION WORD

Me: I know that, we set up one now on the phone just to confirm it's you when i call you back

C: I WAS NEVER GIVEN A VALIDATION WORD, CAN YOU JUST FIX THIS PLEASe

Me: I'm trying to but we need to reset your password and follow our procedure. Can we set up a validation word please?

C: OH MY GOD I DON'T HAVE A VALIDATION WORD.

Me: I know you don't yet. I'm trying to set one up with you now so I can fix your problem.

C: THIS IS RIDICULOUS. WHO CAN I COMPLAIN TO?

Me: Please, we can fix this in 2 minutes. All you need is a pw reset. Please give me any word as validation and I'll call you back and resolve the issue.

C: I KEEP TELLING YOU I DON'T HAVE A VALIDATION WORD. YOU SAY 2 MINUTES, BUT WE'VE BEEN ON THJE PHONE 2 MINUTES AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T FIXED ME ISSUE.

Me: Please, I'm trying to fix your issue. Your password has expired and we need to reset it. I've attempted to explain the procedure to you so please give me any word as validation.

More ranting, more I'm going to complain, refuses the email I give him if he wants to complain, hangs up.

Calls back to another agent, refuses to even provide his employee number (basic procedure) as he doesn't want to speak to anyone in Poland. Speaks to my supervisor, tells him that 'he's important so needs it fixed', 'I make calls so you can earn money' and eventually after 40 minutes, sets up a validation word.

'Useless', we call him back, reset the password and the issue is fixed immediately. 

I don't understand why people are such idiots. He could have been back up within 2 minutes but instead he dragged it out for 40 and said we were wasting his time.

You probably went wrong early on by not going into therapy-mode to soothe him back into reasonableness, when he was upset at being locked out.

'Procedure' is just too officious and 'validation' is too.

He was not being an idiot he was upset.

He needs to hear words like 'quick', 'easy' and 'simple' and calm simple instructions like he's landing a 747.

Listen to the intonations of HAL out of 2001: A Space Odyssey https://youtu.be/ARJ8cAGm6JE

You need a better script for a better outcome for all parties.

And always remember that a lot of people have had much worse days in  Łódź. :)

Stefan, I agree with you on this 100%. If I was the caller then I'd only get wound up if you HAD started quoting from a script, not fixing my self-created problem (he knows he had enough prompts to change the password for many days but didn't bother )......the classic quote would be "Is there anything else I can help you with ?" delivered in a smug style :D

The geezer didn't listen to you or thought that the rules he set up don't actually apply to him. 

5 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Offering unsolicited advice is always a bad idea and I apologise.

My mother used to say "I never offer anybody advice unless I think they need it". 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My mother used to say "I never offer anybody advice unless I think they need it". 

One of the bits of advice I was given, which I too often forget, is that just because someone is complaining about something, it probably does not mean they actually want to be offered a practical solution.

They are just telling you how they feel. 

• Like 2

The weirdest thing is happening to me on Twitter. I threw up a tweet regarding Jedinak and within 15 minutes approx 30 people with ~1000 following and ~30 followers from around the globe have retweeted it. Accounts from Philadelphia and Joburg etc. 

It shouldn't piss me off really, I don't actualy care about that kind of thing. But I am left with this sinking feeling that they've decided to cheat at the game for me. It's not intended for you, mongs!

Maybe this is how shit goes viral? 

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The weirdest thing is happening to me on Twitter. I threw up a tweet regarding Jedinak and within 15 minutes approx 30 people with ~1000 following and ~30 followers from around the globe have retweeted it. Accounts from Philadelphia and Joburg etc. 

It shouldn't piss me off really, I don't actualy care about that kind of thing. But I am left with this sinking feeling that they've decided to cheat at the game for me. It's not intended for you, mongs!

Maybe this is how shit goes viral? 

I'm pissed off you don't look like Danny DeVito in real life. 

• Like 2

Work toilets again...

Yesterday I went into a cubicle for a piss as there was someone at the urinals, standing in the middle one of three (clearing in the woods!) and I refuse to stand there unless there is a clear urinal gap between me and the other man holding his penis. Anyway, in the cubicle and what is there? Yep, a turd bobbing up and down in the toilet like a faecal buoy in the excrement ocean. I'm sure someone is doing it on purpose now. 

• Like 1

Â