Jed Steer

samjp26

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Poor for the goal and kicking, but made some good saves throughout.. where have we said that before?

In what way? Punched it further.

I thought his kicking improved greatly since pre-season. He made two quality saves tonight. I think he is hesitant to come off his line but I’m hoping that’s because of lack of understanding with defence that will come with time. I was really quite worried with him lining up as No.1 but after tonight I feel much more comfortable. I think the jersey is his to lose now. 

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Poor for the goal and kicking, but made some good saves throughout.. where have we said that before?

Thought his kicking was just fine, dont know why so many people keep mentioning his kicking, ive been paying close attention to it last few games as its been said a few times. No keeper in the world can constantly put a 80 yard pass on a sixpence otherwise theyd be playing in central midfield. 9 times out of 10 he gets it over the halfway line and not out of touch. Dont know what people expect from a goal kick. 

On 07/08/2018 at 21:15, Hornso said:

Feel a tad sorry for Steer. Seems destined not to get a decent crack at it here. But that’s football I guess.

That usually happens when you're not very good.

I've nothing against Steer, but I've never seen anything to suggest he's good enough to be our number 1.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Looks like he's off to Charlton on loan, according to Bruce's pre-Wigan press conference. 

That was a joke. Bruce taking the p out of James Nursey

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not rated by beuce clearly. Don't think he will play for us again. Moreia will be number 2 now to nyland 

Yeah it doesn't look good for Steer, you don't bring in two new keepers if you rate your current number one. To be honest, he hasn't convinced me he is good enough for what we need, so I can understand Bruce wanting someone a bit better at the back. Decent shot stopper, but I am not sure he is commanding enough, and a nervy GK ends up filtering through to the back line and then you are in big trouble.

Before the takeover I was settled for a dire season, sales and blooding youth. Was all for seeing him develop in a transition season.

Now we have kept our best players, are looking to add, and have aspirations of joining the promotion hunt he is too much of a question mark.

He isn't Bruce's guy and I don't think he trusts him to stay fit. I am sure he has only one year left so he desperately needs games this year to secure a deal. Good luck!

• Like 2

We can confirm Jed Steer has joined Charlton Athletic on a season-long loan.

The 25-year-old played his first competitive game in seven months at Hull City on Monday, following a lengthy period on the sidelines with a shoulder injury.

And Steve Bruce is now keen for Steer to get more game time at The Valley this term.

We wish Jed well for the coming season.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/08/10/jed-steer-joins-charlton-athletic-on-loan

Â