Jed Steer

samjp26

I wouldn't - I think Jed is more than good enough and has desires to be a No.1 elsewhere.

He deserves better. I have seen him in the short amount of game time he has had and in pre season make some absolutely unbelieveable saves.  Up there with anything I have seen at this club.
He just can't stay fit.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking back at their goal, I think Kalinic would have actually stopped that.

*Based on length alone.*

Not having a dig as he looks solid otherwise.

Although mild for this time of year, some of us are still in "winter penis" mode!  If it had been a warm May bank holiday, I'm sure Steer would have saved it!!  :flag:

**I can only apologise here, Mrs F made me say this**  :suspect:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not convinced this is true

It's an opinion at the end of the day. For me, Steer's limp wristed attempt at saving the goal was very poor and the reason why he's played so few games for his age. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's an opinion at the end of the day. For me, Steer's limp wristed attempt at saving the goal was very poor and the reason why he's played so few games for his age. 

In my opinion, he’s a very good back up keeper but at the age he is now, he’ll probably want first team football regularly which he probably won’t get here because we’ve signed Kalinic who is a huge upgrade on Steer I think

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

On your own mate

Not really. Their respective careers go some way to indicating how they are regarded in the football world. I don't think Nyland is that good, for what it's worth, just think Steer is poor.

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Again, didn't put a foot wrong.

He's alright at this level. All the millions we wasted on Kalinic should have been spent elsewhere.

Maybe Bruce shouldn't have signed Nyland and loaned Steer out and then wouldn't have been an issue

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Again, didn't put a foot wrong.

He's alright at this level. All the millions we wasted on Kalinic should have been spent elsewhere.

Looked like a very soft goal to concede to me. 

• Like 2

He had little to do yesterday. Goal was tough as it was a short range shot so he had to react quickly, can understand opinions either way.

Was sat near the front and he was very vocal organising from corners and free kicks and we defended them much better yesterday.

Get the feeling DS hasn't been happy with Kalinic recently so can see Jed staying in goal for majority of the season. Makes sense to give a proper judgement rather than just playing him in the odd cup game as we've seen in last 5 years.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He had little to do yesterday. Goal was tough as it was a short range shot so he had to react quickly, can understand opinions either way.

Was sat near the front and he was very vocal organising from corners and free kicks and we defended them much better yesterday.

Get the feeling DS hasn't been happy with Kalinic recently so can see Jed staying in goal for majority of the season. Makes sense to give a proper judgement rather than just playing him in the odd cup game as we've seen in last 5 years.

We’ve just spent £7m on Kalinic, I think Kalinic will be back in for the next game. In my opinion, Kalinic is quite a lot better than Steer but Steer is still a good keeper, great back up option to have. Also, don’t forget about Sarkic too

Steer is fine at this level. 

I just wonder if we had just had him as no1. In the first place instead of the conveyor belt of unsuitable keepers how much money we could have had to spend on things we actually need like midfielders and defenders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Steer is fine at this level. 

I just wonder if we had just had him as no1. In the first place instead of the conveyor belt of unsuitable keepers how much money we could have had to spend on things we actually need like midfielders and defenders. 

I think Kalinic is much better than Steer and Nyland, he should be for the amount we spent on him and the pedrigree that he has. Like Arsene Wenger used to say, it takes any foreign import 6 months to settle in to the a new country. I think we’ll see the best of Kalinic next season

• Like 2

Â