Jed Steer

samjp26

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Feel a bit sorry for Steer. We've called him back to play 1 game and now he's on the bench for the rest of the season. 

I think something will be sorted by the end of the transfer window.

His contract is up in the summer so if he has any value he will be sold I expect and it makes sense for him to try and secure a long term deal whilst he can with his track record of injuries.

If I'm thinking correctly, the same "issue" that Tammy has (eg playing for 2 clubs in the season), wouldn't Jed have the same problem if we were to try and move him? I would think he's going to be the #2 if that's the case 

38 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Feel a bit sorry for Steer. We've called him back to play 1 game and now he's on the bench for the rest of the season. 

In one way yes but I’d imagine he will be the new number two keeper and we are paying his wages so I’m not sure sympathy  is needed.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Again, didn't put a foot wrong.

He's alright at this level. All the millions we wasted on Kalinic should have been spent elsewhere.

He’s great back up for this level, Kalinic will come good, I have no doubt about that

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s great back up for this level, Kalinic will come good, I have no doubt about that

Yeah bu then again, Steer is fine at this level. We needed to strengthen elsewhere, like at fullback or centre midfield. And that's already millions wasted

Edited by villalad21

Apart from last season when Johnstone was here, Steer has been our best goalkeeper since about 2015 which is kind of funny and sad that he has barely had a look in and we've brought in like 5 different keepers to play ahead of him in that time.

Â