Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Is Ekitike that good a signing? Have to say I’ve never heard of him, but looking as his record he’s had his breakout season that’s it. Now he could have loads of potential, but he could also be worked out in his second season and have nothing else to offer.

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is Ekitike that good a signing? Have to say I’ve never heard of him, but looking as his record he’s had his breakout season that’s it. Now he could have loads of potential, but he could also be worked out in his second season and have nothing else to offer.

Definitely a talent but so was Martial…..

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

And the botman deals collapsed as teams are asking for more money off them.

Apparently their budget is between 80-100m this year. Thats lower than i thought it would be

FFP exists for them just as it does for us.

35 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

FFP exists for them just as it does for us.

But they really haven't spent any money the last few years barrubg the last window.  Im sure they have they probably have a lot of freedom

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So that's Botman, tarkowski and Carlos they've gone for and missed out on because they don't want to be mugged off

At some point they're going to have to bite the pillow

Bite the pillow is fantastic.

I think their budget is pretty big as they haven't spent anything the last few years.

If their manager can keep doing what he has and coach the team into getting results, they can save pillow biting for when they have a more sure thing available in the transfer market.

On 08/06/2022 at 23:18, mikeyp102 said:

it's a bizarre one. never heard of him either so looked him up on FIFA...he's rated 61. for context, scott hogan is rated 68

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's a bizarre one. never heard of him either so looked him up on FIFA...he's rated 61. for context, scott hogan is rated 68

They both scored 10 goals last season but one is 10 years younger and played about 15 games less last season 

Was his first season as a regular in France, was on loan in Denmark before that

On 14/06/2022 at 19:59, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm sure the players will be proud to wear the Saudi colours this season.

Cctv of him playing football elsewhere at the time of the supposed crime. Mental backwards shithole.

I blame the FA and the UK government as much as I do Newcastle for allowing the purchase to go through. If it gets through their supposed attempts to prove non-country ownership, why should Newcastle turn it down.

The game's gone...

The league is getting harder every season - if they fail to land their top targets this window then they'll find it just as difficult next summer. Could be a new manager and a few windows before they get going properly.

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Cctv of him playing football elsewhere at the time of the supposed crime. Mental backwards shithole.

It's off topic, and it's not a defence of anything Saudi Arabia are doing, but other countries have a similar problem with confessions. There's a great docu series on Netflix called "The Confession Tapes". Even just the first 2 episodes (which deal with the same case) are worth a watch.

It highlights this exact issue. There is a huge misunderstanding amongst juries, and people in general, as to the huge array of reasons someone might make a false confession. They just don't get it, and if someone confesses to something, no matter the mitigating context of the confession, it's very often taken as solid concrete evidence of guilt. 

Obviously this Saudi example is a very extreme example of that

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

The league is getting harder every season - if they fail to land their top targets this window then they'll find it just as difficult next summer. Could be a new manager and a few windows before they get going properly.

Let's not forget it took Man City 3 years to get into the Champions League and then another year to win the league. Arguably it is more competitive at the top now as well so I suspect it will be trickier than they expect for Newcastle to break in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's off topic, and it's not a defence of anything Saudi Arabia are doing, but other countries have a similar problem with confessions. There's a great docu series on Netflix called "The Confession Tapes". Even just the first 2 episodes (which deal with the same case) are worth a watch.

It highlights this exact issue. There is a huge misunderstanding amongst juries, and people in general, as to the huge array of reasons someone might make a false confession. They just don't get it, and if someone confesses to something, no matter the mitigating context of the confession, it's very often taken as solid concrete evidence of guilt. 

Obviously this Saudi example is a very extreme example of that

You don't have to look that far back in our own history to see issues like this (e.g. The Birmingham 6 case). 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You don't have to look that far back in our own history to see issues like this (e.g. The Birmingham 6 case). 

Indeed, and we can remember what Lord Denning's famous words when dismissing their civil case against the police as well:

'“Just consider the course of events if their action were to proceed to trial… If the six men failed it would mean that much time and money and worry would have been expended by many people to no good purpose. If they won, it would mean that the police were guilty of perjury; that they were guilty of violence and threats; that the confessions were involuntary and improperly admitted in evidence; and that the convictions were erroneous… That was such an appalling vista that every sensible person would say, ‘It cannot be right that these actions should go any further’.'

That being said, thankfully that wretch is long in the earth, and it's right to bring attention to the same garbage in Saudi today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I see Sky have fully jumped on the bandwagon.

On the Sky Sports app they have an article for each of the ‘big 6’ clubs’ first few fixtures, and Newcastle.

W@nkers.

Some of the so called experts predicting them for the top 6

Interesting who they think will drop out. Arsenal or United I would assume

Â