Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

plus Leicester and maybe Brighton 😛 

Remove the current scum 6

They won't be removed though.

I'm sure a dozen pathways will be opened to allow them to compete in the major tournies.

• Like 1

Sadly no chance whatsoever that the "staus Quo" will be allowed to change with the scum 6 losing their places at the top table. The constant dodgy rule changes & FA interference / result tampering will see to that, as we do see every season. VAR has become just another blanket of protection for those clubs so it's even harder now with the "checking club badge" approach which has now been incorporated into it. Add in 5 subs & dodgy behind the scenes financial deals to appease them (as happened to help prevent the ESL by all accounts) & other rumored dealings & you can see the joke it has all become.

One or two clubs may eventually get in at some point but boy will it take some doing to bridge the moat of corruption surrounding those top 6 spaces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Nick Pope for 10 mill. Another good sensible deal. In fact its a brilliant deal.

People get annoyed at praising them, but it's hard not to.

Two outstanding deals so far. Two PL proven players who will start every game for them for £25m just doesn't happen any more.

I know they can’t go out yet and buy the top tier players, but Pope and Targett are a bit underwhelming considering the fanfare around the wealth at the club.

I expected them go shopping at a level above where they are so far.

32 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

People get annoyed at praising them, but it's hard not to.

Two outstanding deals so far. Two PL proven players who will start every game for them for £25m just doesn't happen any more.

2 players that wouldn't get into our team.

Solid signings for good fees but won't propel them into the elite. 

Least it shows they won't be spending a billion quid a year on Neymar and co

• Like 2

They're going to buy 3 squads before they kick a CL ball

At least pope probably would be enough to play in europe 

Targett is a signing they kind of have to make for that money but he's in the same boat as he was with us, he'll be replaced within 2 years

Their project is the same as ours just with more squawking, not even convinced yet their owners will be willing to put more money in the pot than ours hopefully they don't do the youth infrastructure either 

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

2 players that wouldn't get into our team.

Correct. 

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Solid signings for good fees but won't propel them into the elite. 

Correct. Padding out signings like this with serious quality like Guimaraes will though.

They're two real bargains IMO.

Hope they both flop spectacularly.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If they are first team players I can’t see them going anywhere tbh.

not yet but people forget when City started they had Dunne, Richards, Onouha, Lescott and a young Joe Hart starting. They were all replaced over time

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not yet but people forget when City started they had Dunne, Richards, Onouha, Lescott and a young Joe Hart starting. They were all replaced over time

They were all better in their day than Targett weren’t they? I’d have that Joe Hart over Pope too. 

Hart won 2 PL’s, 2 league cups and 1 FA Cup. 

Edited by Genie

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Correct. 

Correct. Padding out signings like this with serious quality like Guimaraes will though.

They're two real bargains IMO.

Hope they both flop spectacularly.

I think guimares is the only certified EL / CL capable starter they have in the squad so far 

It will take them years and a lot of patience to get to where they want to go - like I said same with us

I also don't see Howe being the man who gets them there and again like us let's see how damaging the year they get rid of him is 

They don't get top 4 within 5 years IMO, maybe not even 10 if Chelsea and Utd sort themselves out and Liverpool and City ride changing their managers 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

They were all better in their day than Targett weren’t they? I’d have that Joe Hart over Pope too. 

Hart won 2 PL’s, 2 league cups and 1 FA Cup. 

Richards No, Onouha No, Lescott No, people forget Lescott was used a lot at Everton at left back a lot....Dunne did make PFA team of the Year at Villa at least

I would say the Newcastle way of building is more sensible than what we are currently doing as I fail to see what we are doing in the last year or so

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would say the Newcastle way of building is more sensible than what we are currently doing as I fail to see what we are doing in the last year or so

Wood, 30

Burn, 30

Trippier, 31,

Pope, 30 (ok, doesn't matter as much for a GK)

You have said in the past we have been 'short term' with our older signings but Newcastle are doing the same?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Must say they are kind of smashing it. More of a slow build than the Robinho and Jo era of Man City it would seem. 

It was only ever going to be slower than that. That approach is impossible now thanks to FFP. 

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What?! Targett 26 years old, not good enough for us. Nick Pope 30 years old and not likely to get any better. Trippier 31, and Burn 30.

Guimares you could say is equivalent to Kamara. A bit older and more established, but also cost them lots more. 

We've bought countless of the hottest prospects in the u19 space the last two years

And supplemented the youngest squad in the league,  with 2 experienced first team heads in Coutinho and Carlos. You fished and caught this bait, but that is a bizarre take.

Edited by MrBlack

28 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Must say they are kind of smashing it. More of a slow build than the Robinho and Jo era of Man City it would seem. 

I think there’s an obvious reason, FFP.

It didn’t exist when city went from bang average to PL winners.

39 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Smashing it? There would be riots on here if we did their business and they are supposed to be the next big thing.

It could all change but at this stage they’ve done nothing apart from pad out their bench.

Â