Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Absolutely selling your soul just to create cash and additional exposure in Saudi Arabia?  They may break into the elite clubs in the next couple of seasons but it all stinks and not sure how happy I’d be with it if I supported them.

Thank goodness for NSWE.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Gonna be a fascinating look when Newcastle sport rainbow laces in their homophobic sportswashing regime kit next season. 

Could've just posted:

:D 

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2022 at 05:10, Villaphan04 said:

I see the FA will not stop Newcastle from wearing the kit despite it's Saudi Arabian colours. So much for them having approved the takeover on the basis that the Saudi state would have no control or influence. It owns 80% of the club, Majed al Sorour the chief executive of the Saudi Golf Federation (which finances the new golf league) has now been appointed a director of the club. It seems the FA are happy for them to do whatever they like! :angry:

38 minutes ago, John said:

I see the FA will not stop Newcastle from wearing the kit despite it's Saudi Arabian colours. So much for them having approved the takeover on the basis that the Saudi state would have no control or influence. It owns 80% of the club, Majed al Sorour the chief executive of the Saudi Golf Federation (which finances the new golf league) has now been appointed a director of the club. It seems the FA are happy for them to do whatever they like! :angry:

Yasir Al Rummayan has a job within the national security directorate. But it’s got nothing to do with the Saud Government. 

• Haha 3

On 13/05/2022 at 10:30, The_Steve said:

I love, love the idea from Newcastle fans that they are going to sell over a million shirts in Saudi alone to get around FFP. 

Surely they'll just get a few friendly store owners to "buy" a few hundred thousand of them, store them in a warehouse for years, and claim they were sold.

Easily manipulated when they're able to claim that its captured the locals imagination to have a team owned by their leaders (but not) and playing in their countries colours.

You can still laugh at these, you know guys. It might not happen as often, but there will still be opportunity.

Man City are way beyond us and are on course to win the league again, but despite that, I’m fairly confident there was a teeny bit of smirking following their recent trip to Spain.

Maybe the focus of amusement will be the Geordies continued claim that they’re at the forefront at bringing a more progressive way of thinking to the minds of football fans in the Saudi region.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We finished 10 points  ahead of them last season. That probably won't happen again for a while. 

We were 11 points clear on New Years Day

Â