Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Or boro 😃

Indeed.

The more I think about that article and soundbite, the more I've come to believe it should basically be understood as an attempt to get Gabby to say something stupid on Talksport, and that really it has an intended audience of one.

• Like 1

I’m all for banter between our fan bases - but I just thought it was Twitter dullards flooding our tags with nonsense. It’s just pretty embarrassing to see a local newspaper jump on it - especially about Targett. Are they still upset about Sob on the Tyne? They will never be our rivals. It just won’t happen. We had the same boring stuff with Leeds for a time thanks to Gabby also. Stop trying to make fetch happen. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think alot of newcastle fans dont care either to be fair. Its more the media trying to get reactions and clicking 

I agree - the average fan is focused like we are on breaking the top 8 and then top 6, Twitter just inflates the ego of idiots. And the media live for the clicks. 

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

This forced fake rivalry is so cringe. 

Saw Matt Targett last night in the Meat Co. steakhouse here in Dubai. Dressed in a tracksuit, him and his missus barely looked up from their phones. I'm guessing they were on VT.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Saw Matt Targett last night in the Meat Co. steakhouse here in Dubai. Dressed in a tracksuit, him and his missus barely looked up from their phones. I'm guessing they were on VT.

Can you blame them, it is Wednesday 

• Haha 3

Comical Ali levels of spin

To be fair to the chronicle they're being very cute here, national media will tell you that they have £400bn in the transfer kitty, they want neymar and the top 6 should be scared of them... None of that has happened, like we all knew it wouldn't, so rather than question the owners or attack the guff the national press they've gone after us to keep the locals happy, they've written a few pieces on how their owners are sensible and turned down players we bought and now this nonsense about being bigger than us

Take it as a compliment 

In reality it's the same as the championship, 2 bald men fighting over a comb, now its just 2 slightly richer bald men

And the answer is of course they're not, it's such a load of bollocks that we shouldn't even lower ourselves and entertain it, you don't argue with stupidity 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It would liven up things considerably wouldn’t it!? 

Absolutely and it’s what all teams like us should wish for. And as @Zatmansays, Leicester too. Bring it on. I’d enjoy football again. 

15 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’d like us both to break into the top 4. 

Can't be wishing anything other total failure for a club owned by the saudis. Would love the top 4 to be smashed to pieces and other clubs to get in there, if it's leicester villa, west ham whoever, great. Just not this sack of shit blood money grabbing rocket polishers

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Pulled out of the Hugo Ekitike deal apparently. 

Funny reactions from them - generally glad that they've pulled out and are not being taken to the cleaners. Good going lads, now who you gonna sign instead? While not being taken to the cleaners?

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm getting the impression that they're really struggling to do deals at the moment.

They probably have the same issues United have.

Everyone knows they are desperate and have lots of money so prices are through the roof with lots of time left.

They will do lots of deals in the last week of the window I expect. 

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I'm getting the impression that they're really struggling to do deals at the moment.

I'd say they just aren't going to be fleeced, if I was them I'd do the same. It's a long game not a short one. 

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Pulled out of the Hugo Ekitike deal apparently. 

This deal has been on and off so many times. I assume it's all bollocks and just leaks from one side then the other in the posturing for money.

Can't say I see a deal being agreed unless Newcastle start getting desperate.

Â