Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Good stats, but they aren’t actually worst in the league for shots/game. They’ve played a game less than some of the other teams so have naturally had fewer shots. 

(That said, they’re 18th for shots/game and 17th for SOT/game, so not a massive improvement :D)

That will shut a few people up ;)

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

spacer.png

What more do Newcastle fans want? Champions league football. They need to realise it's not 1996 or 2003 anymore and accept Bruce is doing absolute wonders.

Feels like a dodgy stat, how many goalkeepers have faced more than 200 shots!?!?!

I see he was claiming he had no money now here now in that interview the other day!

Factually correct but how many managers could rock up at mid table championship club and have a 12m striker newly signed on the books (Kodj). Would say McCormack aswell but he was lost cause.

"Waif and strays" he signed the next summer included John Terry and Snodgrass,two of the best players that season in their positions in that league. And Tammy when he signed the next season. Jack also finally started maturing and putting in fantastic performances in second half of 17-18.

In terms of results I'd actually say he's still doing o.k at Newcastle and better than i expected both seasons so can't just argue against that but ultimately Newcastle fans look at a Southampton in top part of the table playing good modern football without spending fortunes and they know like us SB is simply incapable of coaching a team to that standard so it's simply more backs to the wall and hang on for grim life and that starts to drain you after a while watching it.

On 31/12/2020 at 14:01, MaVilla said:

Feels like a dodgy stat, how many goalkeepers have faced more than 200 shots!?!?!

Ben-Alnwick-itis is absolutely a thing.  GKs in weak teams enjoy a degree of artificial inflation of their actual ability, through the sheer workload they wind up getting through.  To be fair, I can't say if that's the case here in Darlow's example, what with my personal policy being to watch as little Newcastle as possible, but there's been plenty of examples of this over the years.  Ramsdale being the most recent, to my mind.

If one midtable club gets dragged into the relegation battle I feel it could be Newcastle, they have Sheffield United next, but after that have some tricky fixtures coming up, I wouldn't even rule out Sheffield United beating them. They'd only be five points clear of the bottom three now if Fulham's game had have gone ahead today and Fulham had have won it, which isn't exactly a far fetched scenario against Burnley.

53 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Sorry,  Wilson Is awful. Seen better movement from tramps bowels 

Lewandowski would probably look flat in this Newcastle team.

Bruce is very lucky there are no fans in. I wouldn't even watch on TV if I supported them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He will keep them up, I move doubt about that but the ‘football’ is dire, absolutely dire. They are very lucky to have Sheff United and WBA because I think in a more normal season they’d be in trouble.

I agree, but I wonder if most Geordies would Welcome relegation to be rid of him. 

I'd be surprised if thirty points is enough to survive, people say things like this every year but it's rarely true, Sheffield United aside, the teams near the bottom aren't doing much worse than in any other season, Fulham have eleven points after fifteen games, only three less than Everton had after the same amount of games last season, and after seventeen games Southampton only had fifteen points and both were third from bottom at that stage.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Keep it nice and tight and when the game is all but lost chuck the kitchen sink at it. Those were the days 

He has been a supporter of 5 subs so I would be interested to see him throwing 5 strikers on for the last 15 minutes when chasing a goal, will bring a football style not seen since the 1890s

Â