Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Their next 8 games are Arsenal, Leeds, Everton, Palace, Southampton, Chelsea, Man Utd, Wolves.

I can see them struggling to pick up many points in those games, maybe a point or 3 at Palace?, other than that those games dont look good for them.

That is a lot of dropped points. Maybe they get a result against Palace or Leeds but none else. Who would Ashley hire to replace Bruce? Nigel Pearson?

Bruce post match - "We know how tough this was going to be, but you're always up against it at this level when you go down to 10 men so early in the game. We accept the criticism that's coming, but will dust ourselves up and go again"

Seriously.... I can't even comment 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

The red will give him enough of an excuse along with the dodgy pen call that the media will side with him, no getting rid of him while they're in this league.

As a side note, Newcastle continue their streak of giving some of the all time worst prem teams results. 4 points to Derby in 08/09. The only team in the league to not beat Villa in 15/16  and now Sheffield United.

Think I'd rather be a nailed on relegation than the shite they have to endure 

Edited by Rino8
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

The red will give him enough of an excuse along with the dodgy pen call that the media will side with him, no getting rid of him while they're in this league.

As a side note, Newcastle continue their streak of giving some of the all time worst prem teams results. 4 points to Derby in 08/09. The only team in the league to not beat Villa in 15/16  and now Sheffield United.

Think I'd rather be a nailed on relegation than the shite they have to endure 

In the Championship under Bruce, it felt like a chore watching the games. On occasion, the players rebelled, and actually play quite well, followed up with the resumption of normal programming of turgid, dire, boring football in the games that followed. 

As for choosing between relegation or Bruceball, that would be a quite tough " Would you rather...".  Luckily for both of us now, that is in the past, and our teams have managers that encourage the players' creativity, and the tactics are not limited to how to get to the front of the kebab line quicker.

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce post match - "We know how tough this was going to be, but you're always up against it at this level when you go down to 10 men so early in the game. We accept the criticism that's coming, but will dust ourselves up and go again"

Seriously.... I can't even comment 🤦‍♂️

Roll your sleeves up, pull socks up,look at ourselves,go again,back to basics,look at them,look at you,buy a big TV,get a job,low cholesterol,electrical tin openers and fog on the fecking Tyne. 

• Like 1

They still almost shithoused a bizarre own goal at the end. Will definitely get an unexpected result in that run to keep them clear of the drop zone.

I hope fans get to come back before he’s sacked because I want to see all the different kinds of veg that the Geordies opt for.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

They also have a squad recovering from covid so with that and the Bruce effect, it's not surprising they are struggling. 

If they were race horses their day's would be numbered with that disease combination + playing for Newcastle. 

Trained by Steve "Sad Ken" Bruce.

7 hours ago, One For The Road said:

They also have a squad recovering from covid so with that and the Bruce effect, it's not surprising they are struggling. 

Saint Maximn had a bad dose and that's obviously impacted. Think Lascelles also struggled. After resuming after our game their form has been 4 defeats from 7. However before covid outbreak it was 3 defeats from 5 so if we look at pure results not a huge difference given the quality of teams they've faced is of similar standard either side.

Â