Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

17 hours ago, maxjackle said:

Listening to his interviews I'm starting to get flashbacks. I think they have a real chance of going down. 

I don't think they will, they are as close to 8th place as they are to the relegation zone - 7 point swing either way.    They are the perfect lower mid-table team, easily avoiding relegation but never attempting to challenge for Europe. 

Newcastle fans were frightfully aghast at the appointment of Steve Bruce and have continued to be displeased with him as their manager ever since, I don't think they needed any warning from us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure they did, the board just didn't care

Maybe I'm thinking of Sheffield Wednesday fans - I distinctly remember some fans being positive at his appointment. 

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

And did they listen?

(I have no idea). 

Fixed. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, blobbyrob said:

As we are both out of the FA cup the postponed home game with these could be slotted in for the weekend after next which is FA 4th round cup weekend. 

Yeah i believe i read that, this is the plan. Hopefully fistface won't be sacked by then

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i believe i read that, this is the plan. Hopefully fistface won't be sacked by then

Well that was spooky. Club statement has confirmed. Rearranged for Saturday January 23rd at 8pm.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Newcastle fans were frightfully aghast at the appointment of Steve Bruce and have continued to be displeased with him as their manager ever since, I don't think they needed any warning from us.

Bruce is blessed there are no crowds this season. The toon army would be booing him, boycotting games or both. The Sports Direct Area @St. James' Park brought to you in association with SportsDirect.com would be a hostile atmosphere, with cabbages routinely entering the field of play. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Bruce is blessed there are no crowds this season. The toon army would be booing him, boycotting games or both. The Sports Direct Area @St. James' Park brought to you in association with SportsDirect.com would be a hostile atmosphere, with cabbages routinely entering the field of play. 

i thought the same would happen last season but credit where its due they still had good attendances and a mild mannered crowd

i hoped a cesspit atmosphere would drag them down last year but it was nothing like that

definitely changed this year though, i think with the collapsed takeover too they're not suffering from apathy they're angry

7 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Maybe I'm thinking of Sheffield Wednesday fans - I distinctly remember some fans being positive at his appointment. 

Fixed. 

To be fair, Wednesday fans were right. He did well for them. Those are the kinds of jobs he's suited for. Underperforming, no real expectations, underdogs etc. When he gets money to spend and has the expectations of a big club a la Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, it all goes tits up because his management style doesn't really extend much beyond "roll wor sleeves up, batten down the hatches".

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

To be fair, Wednesday fans were right. He did well for them. Those are the kinds of jobs he's suited for. Underperforming, no real expectations, underdogs etc. When he gets money to spend and has the expectations of a big club a la Villa, Newcastle, Sunderland, it all goes tits up because his management style doesn't really extend much beyond "roll wor sleeves up, batten down the hatches".

Thats it, his best work was at blues, Wigan and Hull. No expectations to win games in the top flight so he could get away with his tictacs and his media mates can say he was brilliant

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gabby reckons he will change his approach to an attacking one to please the fans. If he does that I think they will lose even more games (if that’s possible). He only knows how to set up a defensive team and when that isn’t working it’s game over. 

Bruce claims he has already done it and tried lots of different things in the last few games, potentially rolling sleeves up before putting boots on, so I think he is all out of ideas.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce claims he has already done it and tried lots of different things in the last few games, potentially rolling sleeves up before putting boots on, so I think he is all out of ideas.

Writings on the wall then it seems. He’s lucky there no crowds or it probably would have got nasty. 

Â