Christian Benteke

Kwan

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Meh, they play in Croydon which barely counts as London.  He could easily go to another country and get Champions League football.

I don't think there are many better places to live and work as a young millionaire footballer than London.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, if only he'd played his cards right he could have had another season with that shit Villa side.

The silly sod.

No, if he played he's cards right he would've got a better more suited move instead of jumping to the first club that were willing to pay for him.

said it at the time Liverpool were totally the wrong team for him, didn't play to his strengths and it's no surprise it's ended like this. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

No, if he played he's cards right he would've got a better more suited move instead of jumping to the first club that were willing to pay for him.

said it at the time Liverpool were totally the wrong team for him, didn't play to his strengths and it's no surprise it's ended like this. 

He had a very well publicised release clause. Anybody else who wanted to sign him for that price would have bid that amount. Liverpool didn't kidnap him and force him into a red shirt under cover of darkness.

His choice for last season was Liverpool or Villa.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

In 12 months he's gone from arguably one of the best strikers in the Prem league to a bench warmer for Club and country and a potential transfer to Crystal bloody palace

let that be a lesson for greedy bastards everywhere 

You know it's all about money. He got a chunk of £32m and a payrise to play for Liverpool, now he's getting a chunk of £25m and at least same wages again to play in London, in the Premier League, for Palace.

He'll probably go back to Belgium in his 30's, play for his hometown club and feel like it was all worth it.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Meh, they play in Croydon which barely counts as London.  He could easily go to another country and get Champions League football.

Yeah, but if you've got Premier League striker money then you ain't gonna actually live in Croydon are you? 

• Like 1

Palace have only bid for him, as far as I can see. And Liverpoo have rejected it, according to the Liverpool Echo, which isn't surprsing because £25M isn't that much really, at the moment. He might end up there, but I don't think it's certain.

Our Most expensive £32m sale ever, makes the Milner /Ireland deal look competent. We should have insisted the 32m was paid up front in 1 pence coins.

Watching him on the bench for Belgium, while lu kaku lumbered around the  pitch missing chances, does make you see how poor decisions can influence things. If he had of stayed , no relegation and Belgium would have beat Wales with him in that team .

Edited by tinker

When Robson-Kanu scored with the Cruyff turn last night I had an instant flash back to a time when I used to see finishes of that quality regularly. 

He's had a poor season, it was a poor move but shit happens. He'll be back I'm sure and this talk of his shot at the very top level being over is utter nonsense. 

He'll get his head down, be number one again and bang in 20 goals. 

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Watching him on the bench for Belgium, while lu kaku lumbered around the  pitch missing chances, does make you see how poor decisions can influence things. If he had of stayed , no relegation and Belgium would have beat Wales with him in that team .

And he would be getting a move to a team like Man Utd, Chelsea or PSG this summer instead of Palace.

2 hours ago, tinker said:

I remember many, many games watching him lumbering around up front for us.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Made the wrong move and has now paid an enormous price. I genuinely believed he'd become one of the best in the world, it's never going to happen now. He's turning into a bit of a journeyman. 

Yup... Can see him being a Wetherspoons version of Anelka! Especially if he keeps listening to that Whopper of an agent.

Â