Christian Benteke

Kwan

• 2 months later...

Guess that's partly why they signed Townsend, He would get some service next year with Zaha & Townsend whipping balls in to him and wouldn't be a bad bet to be in the top goalscorer running.

Given his position at Liverpool he would be crazy not to go for this.

Looks like palace are properly going for it next year, even bidding over 30 million for players.

If we don't get back up this year the premier league is going to be a very different place in a couple of years when even average mid-table sides are in a position to think nothing of spending 50 mil+ every window and going for players like Benteke

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Oh how his career has fallen.

Could be a good move him, still only 25, if he bags 20 goals this year he can move on again.

£25m seems good value I think when compared to some of the silly transfer fee we're seeing this summer.

On 20/05/2015 at 01:42, GENTLEMAN said:
I am staggered that people still buy into this fallacy about the dream move to Liverpool Football Club, especially to an extent that Villa supporters are vehemently defending this myth. It really does baffle me. Moving to Liverpool screams of a side-step (potentially backwards) transfer for Benny.

"Suarez did alright when they built the team around him" - That is a fine example, but it ignores the talent who did not make progress at Liverpool after being bought for hefty fees. Stewart Downing and Andy Carroll were both left on the scrap heap with broken promises before moving to West Ham. I am sure they were both given assurances about their key role in the Liverpool team. They were sold a false dream, a dangerous fantasy, which is being promoted on this thread by one or two posters. Benteke deserves so much better than that.

In many people's eyes Liverpool are a massive club with a huge profile, possessing an enormous fan base around the globe, but this is totally irrelevant when everything is considered. If those aforementioned factors mattered, Liverpool would be in the FA Cup Final on the 30th of May, they would have won the league last year. Furthermore, this could also be a negative aspect of a transfer to Liverpool - the intense pressure and unrealistic expectations could hindered Benteke's chances of producing the form he is capable of.

It is fair to state that moving to Liverpool has hampered many auspicious careers, certainly outweighing the odd exception of success such as Suarez. For this reason, I believe it is extremely unlikely that they will build their team around CB - sadly there is a greater chance of CB wasting away at that club, it is painful even to imagine. However, Aston Villa will build a team around him and can help him make the progression to stardom, because we have done exactly that over the last three years through thick and thin. I have no doubt, CB can thrive more than ever with us in the coming seasons. There is security and a prosperous future here for him, whilst he is still developing as a player. 

The more serious questions regarding a move should pertain to Benteke's development and future, not whether Liverpool sell an abundance of shirts in China and Australia, or league standings over the last five years. Those are petty and insignificant. For example, would this move jeopardise Benteke's place for Belgium in the Euros? Would Benteke settle at a new club? Would Benteke be assured of a regular starting place?

If Benteke wants excessive wealth and a boost to his ego then joining Liverpool will provide that perfectly. However, if he wants to play consistently and develop properly as a footballer staying with us offers him this opportunity. Benny make the right and sensible choice, stay here.

I feared this would happen. :(

A side that finished closer to relegation than the top half and just lost a cup final.

isnt that the reason he left villa?

i hope he's career fades into obscurity, deserves what he gets for listening to that **** greasy agent of hes

• Like 1

another liverplop flop

rather hilarious how liverpool have made a perfectly good striker, sh*t.

im still gutted he didnt stay, but the grass is only ever greener on the other side when its been fertilized by bullsh*t.

however palace, what a team they will be next season.

pardew is still the manager so i wouldnt be so sure

i personally dont rate zaha and im not overly fussed by bolasie, they're both flash in the pan 9 step overs followed by a shit cross, townsend prefers to cut inside and shoot too

at least it looks like they've got a plan though

benteke really wasnt going to get a move to a top team before he performs in a team which plays similar style to a (majority) top team. He tried that, he failed. Teams pushing for europa league is pretty much his level really

just a shame we wasnt in the prem to resign him :(

yep, think its probably a good thing that we're not in the PL, there'd be an awful lot of guff on here about him coming "home" when in reality coming back to us really would be admitting he **** up and i honestly dont think we'd have been able to get him back over the bright lights anyway

39 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Deserves what he gets for listening to that **** greasy agent of hes

Yeah, if only he'd played his cards right he could have had another season with that shit Villa side.

The silly sod.

• Like 1

Â