Christian Benteke

Kwan

Christian Benteke's agent Kismet Eris has told Sky Sports News HQ there is "nothing in" reports the Belgium striker is on the brink of leaving Liverpool.

Eris, who was Benteke's intermediary in the £32.5m deal that took him to Anfield last summer, insists his client wants to stay at the Reds and fight for his place this season.

Benteke has just come back from holiday after featuring in Belgium's squad at Euro 2016 and is still due more time off before his return to Jurgen Klopp's pre-season preparations.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10498863/christian-benteke-not-close-to-liverpool-exit-and-wants-anfield-stay-says-agent-kismet-eris

He's a very streaky player though, so I can see a big club losing patience with him very quickly, and dropping him. He needs to start all the time, and he will if he goes to Palace.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems he wants to stay in England at all costs but he has to look abroad surely...PSG could do with a new striker and he'd score loads in French league, plenty of decent Bundesliga teams would take him and so would La Liga and Seria A teams.

Playing for one of the favourites to get relegated, I really don't get it.

First Palace now Hull. You do wonder if he is overrated by us Villa fans due to the fact he stood out in a sea of sh#t. 

I've never felt, and still don't feel that he will ever be good enough for one of the really big clubs, but i did think he would find a home a couple of rungs above Palace and Hull. Maybe someone like, oh i don't know, Aston Villa maybe?

Disclaimer. The above sentence in bold is based on the fact that we was a PL team when he left, and my opinion that in the PL we would be considered a couple of rungs above Palace and Hull :P

28 minutes ago, av1 said:

First Palace now Hull. You do wonder if he is overrated by us Villa fans due to the fact he stood out in a sea of sh#t. 

I'd say him playing for Villa means he's more underrated by other fans than overrated by us. It's hard to score as many goals as he did in an awful side. I'd be surprised if there's more than 5/6 players in the league who scored more goals than him during his 3 years at Villa.

6 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I'd say him playing for Villa means he's more underrated by other fans than overrated by us. It's hard to score as many goals as he did in an awful side. I'd be surprised if there's more than 5/6 players in the league who scored more goals than him during his 3 years at Villa.

By fans yes, but how about all the club scouts out there? Surely they would not be swayed by the colour of his jersey? Yet there appears to be very little interest. 

Though it sounds crazy, given the amount of money currently in the game, the £30m Liverpool would probably want for him is a relatively small figure, hence the likes of Palace and Hull now being in a postion to pay such a sum. 

So, he's young (ish), he has proved he can score goals at this level, and he isn't particularly expensive, so why no intetest?

Â