Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sad thing about this for me is Liverpool fans are so stuck up their own arses that the majority of them don't realise what a quality player they are getting.

He may be about to earn more money and have a slightly better chance at winning something but he won't ever be as appreciated as he has been whilst he was here.

But this is a clause that says we have to agree, not us accepting payment terms. So if the clause says it must be upfront, then that's what it would have to be, right? If it says it can a be paid over the length of a contract then ok, but that's what were questioning.

I don't think it makes much difference to the fans, whether LIverpool pay in one go or otherwise. I mean whoever we sign with the Benteke money, will probably be paid for in installments anyway.

Edited by useless

L'Equipe this morning are running their main Sports page with the story we're in talks with Anthony Martial from Monaco. Young and only 19 so the potential we could see him in supplemented with the addition of Adebayor until he finds his stride?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Martial-priorite-de-villa/53760

With the potential windfall Benteke transfer to Liverpool (€ 46 million), the Birmingham club s' prepares to restart its offensive on the Monegasque Anthony Martial.

DEPARTURES FROM Andre Ayew of Marseille, Dimitri Payet, Lille's Idrissa Gueye or the Stéphanois Franck Tabanou, it is a certainty: the Premier League has decided to anticipate the outlandish television rights payments from next summer attacking the French market ...

I can't pull the rest of the story but SW are running an extended version

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/aston-villa-set-to-beat-tottenham-to-striker-will-pay-more-talks-

Aston Villa, as L'Equipe would have it, have almost got their Christian Benteke money and are strutting around France's Ligue1 picking up the best talent they can see available. Despite protests from the club otherwise, everyone at AS Monaco is for sale for the right price, the French principality club have taken on the Portuguese blueprint of buying low and selling high and it's something which looks like it could work for them, financially anyway.

In June British newspapers including The Independent said that Tottenham were trying to buy Anthony Martial for a fee in the region of £18m. That always sounded too much, Tottenham wouldn't knowingly overpay for anyone, and why should they. 

It was all coming from France and France Football had said that Tottenham and Monaco had agreed a €25m transfer for the 19 year old. France Football are usually pretty good, but someone was proving them with information and it clearly wasn't right. We said at the time:

'Yet the information appears to have been dud because nothing has happened and Monaco's president Vadim Vasilyev has said the player isn't for sale. He will be for sale, everyone at Monaco is for sale for the right price. Le10 Sport say that Daniel Levy has held a meeting with Vasilyev and the Russian laid out his not for sale patter, which will be to force Tottenham into a higher bid. Levy isn't likely to play that game and so this could be a non starter unless things change from Monaco's side. The French club will look to sell one or two big name players this summer and if that hasn't happened soon then Tottenham's Martial interest becomes more of an issue, and Levy will know that. '

Tottenham simply wouldn't pay what Monaco wanted, regardless of what tricks the club used to get them to do so. Tottenham didn't have the need for a striker so much and weren't prepared to blow the budget. Aston Villa are in a different situation and L'Equipe think the chance of Martial moving there is so big they've squeezed it on to their front page on Friday... during Le Tour de France football struggles to get in the first half of the sport newspaper, never-mind the front page!

L'Equipe say Aston Villa have already started talks with the player's entourage to find out his personal demands and will look to match what the club want for him. We very much doubt it would be as high as the €25m previously mentioned but Martial is worth more to Villa than to Spurs, given the exit of Benteke. 

Exhibit A - Roberto Soldardo 

Exhibit B - Erik Lamela 

Pretty much the majority of transfer fees are staggered over the length of the contract signed.

It's standard practice.

Not true a rule was brought in a few years ago where a transfer fee had to be paid in full by at the latest 24 months after the deal.

The Scousers just seem to like messing people about. The fee is £32.5m cash we need to pay Genk a % so need it paying in one. Especially as we need to spend the rest on replacements. It'll just complicate our future transfers if it isn't paid in full or as close to that as possible.

hes not a big enough name for them...they arent champions league

past 5 days Lacazette..Benzema..Aubmeyang..Cavani have all been linked to the prem and Plop would stand no chance of getting them

players like them need the champs league pull for them to leave there current club

ok Aubmeyang isnt in champs league But he would easily fit in any the top 4 clubs

Whilst I think Benteke could do better than Liverpool, I wish him the best and hope he doesn't follow the all to common path of a lot of Pool strikers in disappearing into nothingness, he's to talented to deserve that. How many strikers do Liverpool have at this point?

A friend of mine (Pool fan) doesn't think he's worth it, I told him otherwise. Sad to see him go but thankful for the great performances he put in for us. 

All I care about now is who we bring in to replace him, we need some quality or I worry about our goalscoring abilities. 

Ideally it would have been nice to keep Benteke but he wanted to go and we are getting good money for him. In a year's time he will be worth a lot less and a year after that he will be free as he isn't going to sign a new contract with us, unless we were pushing for champions league. So this is the best time for him to be moving on in terms of us getting the most for him. 

I don't want to lose him, but there's no point getting annoyed about it. I'm actually quite excited about the idea of bringing in a few new faces with the money, I really hope we spend it wisely and not on some old has beens. 

If we have the right to refuse staggered payments then can't we ask for a higher transfer fee?

id tell them f*** off if they was offering staggerd payments and if we gotta accept staggerd to a degree id say fine..25-28 now rest end of the season when you secure 5th place in the table

Â